High end Jdm cranking rod help

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 pm

RISE wrote:Nice grab. I’ve had my White Falcon for a little while, but haven’t had much casting time with it.
Restaurant biz runs my life lately...crap, who am I kidding...most of the time. :lol: :crying: Very little time on the water in the last few months.
It’s the first glass rod I’ve bought in quite some time, but I’m impressed. Gorgeous stick, even with the ultra deep brown ECS seat. Im in love. Build quality, taper, weight, etc...all on point, but I concur, as I don’t see it being capable of 2oz on the upper end.

I own 6 of the Seditions so far, and I’m a huge fan.

2 Lion Hearts
1 Hooligan
1 Cristobal Limited
1 White Falcon
1 Bloody

Will post pics in a bit....
Thanks for the info. LoL on the reel seat. Glad you like yours I’m definitely interested in some of the other models now. Looks so different than anything else out right now, and perform very well. Feel free to post pics here if you don’t wanna start another thread. Thanks again

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Fished this rod last friday, but the crank bite was not happening. As someone who likes glass rods but has been preferring composite materials this thing is very fun tossing all sorts of cranks. Roll casting is simply amazing with it. I don’t wanna give a full rating weight rating til I can bomb a cast with some baits of larger weights. The tip has a bend to it on even 3/8 oz baits but slightly more with the more weight you put. It’s odd almost feels overloaded but was how this rod seems to be designed. It is very nimble though and reacts quickly while unloading the bait from the tip to the end of your line during pitches and short casts. Other glass rods seem to lag more on the unloading which makes long casts somewhat awkward waiting for the rod to load and unload. I imagine once you get a fish and the rod loads to the backbone it has some heat. It will not be my lv500 in grass rod though, but used for all sorts of billed cranks. While messing with it in my yard I set the hook (snap snapped to link) on my cyclone fence, and although the tip has some flex the backbone is solid and doesn’t budge when loaded. It also has a slightly faster tip than I’m used to in a cranking rod, but the tip works in its favor. I really like how this rod stands out in my lineup, and will be looking into other models soon. Here’s a pic of the taper and the other rods I took out last Friday.
Thanks
17769601-5973-48E4-BEB2-06BBBD22B963.jpeg
17769601-5973-48E4-BEB2-06BBBD22B963.jpeg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 7610 times
2B02BB49-F872-4F0D-8B6E-545BA147B856.jpeg
2B02BB49-F872-4F0D-8B6E-545BA147B856.jpeg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 7610 times

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:54 pm

RISE wrote: I own 6 of the Seditions so far, and I’m a huge fan.

2 Lion Hearts
1 Hooligan
1 Cristobal Limited :shock: :arrow: :D
1 White Falcon
1 Bloody

Will post pics in a bit....
No one needs 6 rods from this brand. I have some gem items to trade, and some green :mrgreen:

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 pm

If you can find one, a TDZ-103 Personal Order in white my look nice on that rod, Dom! That's a sweet rod, I'm looking for another crankbait stick myself and your photos of the White Falcon has piqued my interest!

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:45 pm

Winstondry wrote:If you can find one, a TDZ-103 Personal Order in white my look nice on that rod, Dom! That's a sweet rod, I'm looking for another crankbait stick myself and your photos of the White Falcon has piqued my interest!
Thanks. I wish my pics were better quality, but it’s better than nothing. Much nicer rod in person. The main shaft changes different shades of bone white in different light (like when the sun was out, and when clouds came over) , but the guide wraps are bright white at all times. I never thought I would buy a white rod, but I really like the looks of the bone with contrasting bright white a lot. The purple accents are a little different color than any of my other purple accented parts, but really scream Jdm rod :lol: The black threads above the lockdown nut are noticeable with my grip, but didn’t bother me or my buddy when throwing baits(gonna be personal preference). He hates glass rods, but admits this one is a lot of fun. I didn’t see him pick his up except to remove the crank he had on and put it on the falcon. He prefers ripping traps through grass with a composite rod most of the time. Once he started machine gun casting a Squarebill down the bank rapid fire he said the rod did so much of the work for him his casting arm felt less fatigue because he only had to move a small amount to make a very accurate cast, and felt like he was able to make more casts which impressed me. I let him fish it for most of the morning with 12 lb sniper and a decoy snap switching baits and colors while I was pitching baits on the new steez’ all day. the reaction wasn’t hitting, and he wanted to start catching fish too and put it down. On another note I wish you didn’t mention a white PO though :lol: Searching for one in lefty would drive me insane. I’d probably be easier to make a tdz to match out of elephant tusk, although not quite as humane. I know if I get one painted I won’t fish it.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:21 pm

domthewon wrote:
Winstondry wrote:If you can find one, a TDZ-103 Personal Order in white my look nice on that rod, Dom! That's a sweet rod, I'm looking for another crankbait stick myself and your photos of the White Falcon has piqued my interest!
Thanks. I wish my pics were better quality, but it’s better than nothing. Much nicer rod in person. The main shaft changes different shades of bone white in different light (like when the sun was out, and when clouds came over) , but the guide wraps are bright white at all times. I never thought I would buy a white rod, but I really like the looks of the bone with contrasting bright white a lot. The purple accents are a little different color than any of my other purple accented parts, but really scream Jdm rod :lol: The black threads above the lockdown nut are noticeable with my grip, but didn’t bother me or my buddy when throwing baits(gonna be personal preference). He hates glass rods, but admits this one is a lot of fun. I didn’t see him pick his up except to remove the crank he had on and put it on the falcon. He prefers ripping traps through grass with a composite rod most of the time. Once he started machine gun casting a Squarebill down the bank rapid fire he said the rod did so much of the work for him his casting arm felt less fatigue because he only had to move a small amount to make a very accurate cast, and felt like he was able to make more casts which impressed me. I let him fish it for most of the morning with 12 lb sniper and a decoy snap switching baits and colors while I was pitching baits on the new steez’ all day. the reaction wasn’t hitting, and he wanted to start catching fish too and put it down. On another note I wish you didn’t mention a white PO though :lol: Searching for one in lefty would drive me insane. I’d probably be easier to make a tdz to match out of elephant tusk, although not quite as humane. I know if I get one painted I won’t fish it.
Here are a few pics, sorry for the delay...Agreed, love how the bright white wraps pop from the antique white blank of the Falcon. I also NEVER thought I'd buy a white rod, but this one is truly special. Funny you brought up a white PO to go on the rod, as the PO paint is a match made in heaven for this stick. I was going to build one of the two I own to mate up with the White Falcon, but my brotha-from-anotha-motha said he would dis-own me if I "molested one of those unicorns"... [-X :( :lol: Couldn't bring myself to do it, as they are NIB. Instead, I built the white, Calfish-painted HLC I own to go with the Falcon. Utilizing a tuned IP79 spool, IP68 Drag Star, IS79 CCC, HH Black screw set/Mag Dial screw, DR nose piece, I'ze 90mm, YT Fusion Bearings, Carbontex, OGs, SLP works retainer, Ito retainer screw, etc... The Cristobal Ltd is paired with a new (for now) Hedgehog/Bespoke Knobs, MB Zonda HC spool, 80mm CF, HH Drag Star, blah, blah, blah. The Lion Hearts are paired with Z's/Ltd hand-striped K.T.F. 98mm SC handles. Bloody is paired with another modded Zonda for now (Steez CT on the way for it), and Hooligan is paired with a Steez SV TW XH.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:57 pm

RISE wrote:
domthewon wrote:
Here are a few pics, sorry for the delay...Agreed, love how the bright white wraps pop from the antique white blank of the Falcon. I also NEVER thought I'd buy a white rod, but this one is truly special. Funny you brought up a white PO to go on the rod, as the PO paint is a match made in heaven for this stick. I was going to build one of the two I own to mate up with the White Falcon, but my brotha-from-anotha-motha said he would dis-own me if I "molested one of those unicorns"... [-X :( :lol: Couldn't bring myself to do it, as they are NIB. Instead, I built the white, Calfish-painted HLC I own to go with the Falcon. Utilizing a tuned IP79 spool, IP68 Drag Star, IS79 CCC, HH Black screw set/Mag Dial screw, DR nose piece, I'ze 90mm, YT Fusion Bearings, Carbontex, OGs, SLP works retainer, Ito retainer screw, etc... The Cristobal Ltd is paired with a new (for now) Hedgehog/Bespoke Knobs, MB Zonda HC spool, 80mm CF, HH Drag Star, blah, blah, blah. The Lion Hearts are paired with Z's/Ltd hand-striped K.T.F. 98mm SC handles. Bloody is paired with another modded Zonda for now (Steez CT on the way for it), and Hooligan is paired with a Steez SV TW XH.

Amazing!!! All of it. Well thought out and matched beautifully. I don’t think I could bring myself to fish those perfect white Po’s either. Thanks for posting those pics. I think I want another sedition now.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 pm

[pic]https//fckn’A.com/#Winning/Capital H.jpg[pic]

:lol: :lol: ;)
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Last edited by igl00jx on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:31 pm

domthewon wrote:
RISE wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Amazing!!! All of it. Well thought out and matched beautifully. I don’t think I could bring myself to fish those perfect white Po’s either. Thanks for posting those pics. I think I want another sedition now.
You know what you must do.... :evil22:

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:31 pm

389Maverick wrote:[pic]https//fckn’A.com/#Winning/Capital H.jpg[pic]

:lol: :lol: ;)
:doh: :lol:

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:35 pm

igl00jx wrote:Image
Out of bounds, brother....

Lmao.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:54 pm

RISE wrote:\ Instead, I built the white, Calfish-painted HLC I own to go with the Falcon. Utilizing a tuned IP79 spool, IP68 Drag Star, IS79 CCC, HH Black screw set/Mag Dial screw, DR nose piece, I'ze 90mm, YT Fusion Bearings, Carbontex, OGs, SLP works retainer, Ito retainer screw, etc... The Cristobal Ltd is paired with a new (for now) Hedgehog/Bespoke Knobs, MB Zonda HC spool, 80mm CF, HH Drag Star, blah, blah, blah. The Lion Hearts are paired with Z's/Ltd hand-striped K.T.F. 98mm SC handles. Bloody is paired with another modded Zonda for now (Steez CT on the way for it), and Hooligan is paired with a Steez SV TW XH.

All I can say is WTF..I give up
Congrats Sir, you win all the prizes.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:33 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
All I can say is WTF..I give up
Congrats Sir, you win all the prizes.
Indeed.
This is the way.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:58 pm

RISE wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Thank you for these stunning pictures. I’ve been wondering about the Hooligan. I can’t find anything regarding the taper on that rod. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.