High end Jdm cranking rod help

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:33 am

domthewon wrote:So... I had to do it. I ended up going with the Sedition White Falcon 7 SDC-700MG-FTW. I don't know anyone who has one, and don't mind being the guinea pig for something that might be awesome. Thanks to all of the TT members who gave suggestions, and helped me make a decision on at least one new cranking rod for now especially Aquaftm45. I will be looking out for a few of the other suggested rods in the future.
Thanks,
Dom

The rod:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2Forder%2F
Dom:

Excellent choice and congrats; I’m not looking at cranking rods, but my interest in this maker has been peaked for a while. I was wondering if you were able to get this Maniacs pro shop to ship or did you go elsewhere. This maniacs place has a lot of great rods for a maniac like myself.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:48 am

DrPerf wrote:
domthewon wrote:So... I had to do it. I ended up going with the Sedition White Falcon 7 SDC-700MG-FTW. I don't know anyone who has one, and don't mind being the guinea pig for something that might be awesome. Thanks to all of the TT members who gave suggestions, and helped me make a decision on at least one new cranking rod for now especially Aquaftm45. I will be looking out for a few of the other suggested rods in the future.
Thanks,
Dom

The rod:
Sounds/looks great =D>
Be sure to post a review after you use it.

Doc
Thanks, will do. Only other glass rods I can compare it to is a 705 cb glass or my mb tomahawk 7’us tour shiryu. My 705cb glass owns 3 of my top 5 largest bass including my 13.1 pb, so we will see what this rod can do. Gotta find something pretty to put on top in the meantime.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:21 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Thanks,
Dom

The rod:
Dom:

Excellent choice and congrats; I’m not looking at cranking rods, but my interest in this maker has been peaked for a while. I was wondering if you were able to get this Maniacs pro shop to ship or did you go elsewhere. This maniacs place has a lot of great rods for a maniac like myself.
Thank you. Yeah that site is dangerous. They couldn’t ship overseas with ems due to tube length, so I had Jdm tackle heaven snipe it for me. They have always done a great job getting me what I’m looking for. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Pretty excited to try this one out.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:33 am

domthewon wrote:Now the fun begins... finding the reel that sits on the “white magic for moving & plugging addiction” rod. :lol:
Hello, Friend!
May be: https://youtu.be/xGLsRdD-45Q ?

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 am

Loafer wrote:
domthewon wrote:Now the fun begins... finding the reel that sits on the “white magic for moving & plugging addiction” rod. :lol:
Hello, Friend!
May be: https://youtu.be/xGLsRdD-45Q ?
Thanks for the suggestion. I love my steez A’s, and don’t own the CC, but might go the monoblock, or Lin route. I don’t own one but have always wanted one. This may be the rod that gets it if I can find a nice lefty for a reasonable price.
Appreciated,
Dom

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Got the rod the other day. It’s very nice looking in person goes well with the rest of my lineup. Threw the slp tatula cc reel on it for now. It could use a heavier reel to balance better but is a light rod in hand. I couldn’t wait to test it so I threw a few baits in the pool and can say there is no way I have the confidence in the material to throw a 2 oz bait on it yet. I threw a 6 xd on it and that’s really as much as I would throw on it. The tip bends a little with the 6 xd hanging on it but this rod will sling it out there good. The tip is pretty cool on this rod and it has a good backbone. It is definitely something I’m gonna have to get used to fishing because this rod loads up and it’s pretty bent over. It feels more powerful than the 7’ shiryu next to it and has a completely different feeling than anything I’ve felt before. It’s very sensitive for whatever glass material and add the torzites in there as well. This rod would definitely not be for everyone because of how much bend it has. I think with braid this rod will be awesome with chatter baits, and with topwaters. I tried an s crank 1.5 and it felt really sweet. You can feel every sway of the bait and the rough texture of the bill rubbing the bottom of the pool. Doesn’t feel as dull as other glass rods I own. I don’t really like having the threads above the lockdown nut there, but it doesn’t bother me too much.i will have to see after a day of real fishing with it. Thanks for looking.
FED7DA07-F662-42BA-A7AB-237FBEF21E87.jpeg
FED7DA07-F662-42BA-A7AB-237FBEF21E87.jpeg (64.86 KiB) Viewed 6491 times
CEE613F6-19FC-4F59-8DF7-771D9F62C47E.jpeg
CEE613F6-19FC-4F59-8DF7-771D9F62C47E.jpeg (85.09 KiB) Viewed 6491 times
4B61855A-DECB-4532-BDA7-6ABCD6600ED1.jpeg
4B61855A-DECB-4532-BDA7-6ABCD6600ED1.jpeg (65.46 KiB) Viewed 6491 times

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:32 am

Wow; spectacular. =D>

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 am

Holy that looks beautiful

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 am

domthewon wrote:Got the rod the other day. It’s very nice looking in person goes well with the rest of my lineup. Threw the slp tatula cc reel on it for now. It could use a heavier reel to balance better but is a light rod in hand. I couldn’t wait to test it so I threw a few baits in the pool and can say there is no way I have the confidence in the material to throw a 2 oz bait on it yet. I threw a 6 xd on it and that’s really as much as I would throw on it. The tip bends a little with the 6 xd hanging on it but this rod will sling it out there good. The tip is pretty cool on this rod and it has a good backbone. It is definitely something I’m gonna have to get used to fishing because this rod loads up and it’s pretty bent over. It feels more powerful than the 7’ shiryu next to it and has a completely different feeling than anything I’ve felt before. It’s very sensitive for whatever glass material and add the torzites in there as well. This rod would definitely not be for everyone because of how much bend it has. I think with braid this rod will be awesome with chatter baits, and with topwaters. I tried an s crank 1.5 and it felt really sweet. You can feel every sway of the bait and the rough texture of the bill rubbing the bottom of the pool. Doesn’t feel as dull as other glass rods I own. I don’t really like having the threads above the lockdown nut there, but it doesn’t bother me too much.i will have to see after a day of real fishing with it. Thanks for looking.

Congrats Sir, that was a pretty quick turn around to recieve it. Looks spectacular and look forward to hearing more about it when you have some time on the water.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:52 am

Polkfish1 wrote:Wow; spectacular. =D>
Thank you! Looks better in person.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:55 am

leggomye990 wrote:Holy that looks beautiful
Thank you! Getting used to looking at the white myself. It definitely isn’t my buddy’s duckett.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:04 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Got the rod the other day. It’s very nice looking in person goes well with the rest of my lineup. Threw the slp tatula cc reel on it for now. It could use a heavier reel to balance better but is a light rod in hand. I couldn’t wait to test it so I threw a few baits in the pool and can say there is no way I have the confidence in the material to throw a 2 oz bait on it yet. I threw a 6 xd on it and that’s really as much as I would throw on it. The tip bends a little with the 6 xd hanging on it but this rod will sling it out there good. The tip is pretty cool on this rod and it has a good backbone. It is definitely something I’m gonna have to get used to fishing because this rod loads up and it’s pretty bent over. It feels more powerful than the 7’ shiryu next to it and has a completely different feeling than anything I’ve felt before. It’s very sensitive for whatever glass material and add the torzites in there as well. This rod would definitely not be for everyone because of how much bend it has. I think with braid this rod will be awesome with chatter baits, and with topwaters. I tried an s crank 1.5 and it felt really sweet. You can feel every sway of the bait and the rough texture of the bill rubbing the bottom of the pool. Doesn’t feel as dull as other glass rods I own. I don’t really like having the threads above the lockdown nut there, but it doesn’t bother me too much.i will have to see after a day of real fishing with it. Thanks for looking.

Congrats Sir, that was a pretty quick turn around to recieve it. Looks spectacular and look forward to hearing more about it when you have some time on the water.
Thank you! I probably wouldn’t own this rod if it wasn’t for yourself. The Japanese really got the rod packaging and shipping down. I know I will get a rod faster from Japan than all us retailers except TW cause I’m here in California and it’s free overnight. Will definitely post some more pics and info as I explore this rod and test it’s limits.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 am

Looks awesome Dom nice come up don't let the people fool you with the white it looks pretty sick in my opinion but I'm weird too :lol:

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thanks,
Dom

The rod:
Congrats! I would venture to say you will be the only one in the US with that rod! I do know of another TT member who has their Swimbait Rod (Lion Heart) and had nothing but great things to say about the quality and construction.
As it says on the butt plate, you have a "Far East Hardcore Fishing Addiction"...haha
I'm going to join the club at some point this year, hoping they do another run of the Cristobal

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php ... it#p637245
His name is Rise :whistle: :lol:
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Nice grab. I’ve had my White Falcon for a little while, but haven’t had much casting time with it.
Restaurant biz runs my life lately...crap, who am I kidding...most of the time. :lol: :crying: Very little time on the water in the last few months.
It’s the first glass rod I’ve bought in quite some time, but I’m impressed. Gorgeous stick, and I dig the ultra deep brown, ECS seat. Build quality, taper, weight, etc...all on point, but I concur, as I don’t see it being capable of 2oz on the upper end, and thinking 1-1 1/4 will be sweet on it.

I own 6 of the Seditions so far, and I’m a huge fan.

2 Lion Hearts
1 Hooligan
1 Cristobal Limited
1 White Falcon
1 Bloody

Will post pics in a bit....
Last edited by RISE on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.