High end Jdm cranking rod help

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Here is a video from one of the Sendo brothers, telling you anything and everything you could ever want to know about that rod.

https://www.facebook.com/seditionjp/vid ... 419913209/

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 pm
Location: SK, Canada

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by Farnorth » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 pm

The sedition rods are also available from bass.co.jp. That one is a beauty. I tried for quite a while to find the older white snake and I think this one looks even better.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 am

Farnorth wrote:The sedition rods are also available from bass.co.jp. That one is a beauty. I tried for quite a while to find the older white snake and I think this one looks even better.
Thanks for the info. I really need to learn Japanese. I tried for like 2 hrs last night to order it and don’t think I know what I’m doing. I sent an email through the contact us portion of their site and ended up getting the email I sent them back in my email. Haha. Wish it was a simple Paypal invoice like japanlureshop I would have one on the way already.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

DrPerf wrote:What about the MB Black Jungle F5-71XBJ "Deep Cranking Slow Rolling"?

It is rated for 3/8 - 1 oz.

Doc
Hey I didn’t see your comment before I apologize . Thanks for your suggestion I actually own one already. My co angler really loves fishing cranks, and took it from me and put a right handed reel on it to render it useless to me. I like the rod, but to be honest I am just megabassed out right now. I love their rods but own so many I just need something different and unique. Thank you.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
bronzefly wrote:1/4 oz to 1 oz all on the same rod is a fairly tall order. The Valkyrie 71MH is rated 3/8 to 1 oz and can legitimately throw a 1 oz crank bait. I'm not sure how well it would handle a true 1/4 oz crank though, I haven't tried anything that light on it.

The Tomahawk F4-71T would do better on the lighter end, but at a full 1 oz bait, it would be pushing the limits.

The F5.5-72ti Super Diablo Type L is rated 1/4 to 1 oz, but again, on the 1/4 oz side, it's not going to be easy to really load up and sling. It's an incredibly versatile rod however and I've enjoyed a wide range of moving baits up to that full 1 oz mark...

Food for thought... let me know if I can help out.
Thanks Gary great options. 3/8-3/4 oz is more likely what I will be throwing anyways. I already own the diablo type L. I like it a lot, and have used it for lv 500's and might again.. I read good things about the Valkyries , but really don't care for Megabass' trigger on their newer reel seats, but I will put up with it for the diablo type L. :big grin: I'm not sure what I wan't just seeing what others are using and other JDM offerings. Thanks
This is not a concern with Valkerie series. They sport the standard ECS seat by Fuji and have a very comfortable handle altogether. They do Not have the new smallish megabass seats that are on all the other new mb offerings. The Valkyrie really looks and feels kind of like a mb throwback design.
Sorry, I missed your comment. I appreciate the heads up on the reel seats and handles. I will probably grab one now, but not as a primary cranking stick.
Thank you.

User avatar
Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:23 pm
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by Loafer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:00 am

domthewon wrote:Very nice find! I like it! Thank you.
You welcome: https://youtu.be/XBs-Kju0Ecs

User avatar
Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:22 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 am


domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 am

Loafer wrote:
domthewon wrote:Very nice find! I like it! Thank you.
You welcome: https://youtu.be/XBs-Kju0Ecs
Man that rod looks so sleek in the video. This is definitely one of the cranking sticks I want, but doesn’t hit the market til April I believe.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:11 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:Daiwa Steez 721MHFB-LM SKY PIRATE

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html
Image
This rod looks really sweet and available. I’m glad someone suggested a steez. Gonna look into this model a little more. Thank you.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: San Francisco/Bay area

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by DrPerf » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 pm

The Steez 7'2" Fle-X-Lite is an older model, but if available, is a great stick and rated 1/4 - 1.5 oz.

In spite of all of the great JDM cranking rods I own (multiple MB, Gan Craft Scarface, etc.), the Steez is my primary cranking rod for tournaments. And I have used it successfully for topwater and jerkbaits.

They pop up on occasion for sale and I am thinking about buying a second one as a 'back up'.

Regards,

Doc

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 pm

DrPerf wrote:The Steez 7'2" Fle-X-Lite is an older model, but if available, is a great stick and rated 1/4 - 1.5 oz.

In spite of all of the great JDM cranking rods I own (multiple MB, Gan Craft Scarface, etc.), the Steez is my primary cranking rod for tournaments. And I have used it successfully for topwater and jerkbaits.

They pop up on occasion for sale and I am thinking about buying a second one as a 'back up'.

Regards,

Doc
Thanks for the heads up Doc. Might be something I consider looking for in the future. It sounds like a sweet rod that you hold in high regards. I'll keep it in mind.
Appreciated,
Dom

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:28 pm

So... I had to do it. I ended up going with the Sedition White Falcon 7 SDC-700MG-FTW. I don't know anyone who has one, and don't mind being the guinea pig for something that might be awesome. Thanks to all of the TT members who gave suggestions, and helped me make a decision on at least one new cranking rod for now especially Aquaftm45. I will be looking out for a few of the other suggested rods in the future.
Thanks,
Dom


The rod:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2Forder%2F

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 pm

domthewon wrote:So... I had to do it. I ended up going with the Sedition White Falcon 7 SDC-700MG-FTW. I don't know anyone who has one, and don't mind being the guinea pig for something that might be awesome. Thanks to all of the TT members who gave suggestions, and helped me make a decision on at least one new cranking rod for now especially Aquaftm45. I will be looking out for a few of the other suggested rods in the future.
Thanks,
Dom


The rod:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2Forder%2F
Congrats! I would venture to say you will be the only one in the US with that rod! I do know of another TT member who has their Swimbait Rod (Lion Heart) and had nothing but great things to say about the quality and construction.
As it says on the butt plate, you have a "Far East Hardcore Fishing Addiction"...haha
I'm going to join the club at some point this year, hoping they do another run of the Cristobal

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php ... it#p637245

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
domthewon wrote:So... I had to do it. I ended up going with the Sedition White Falcon 7 SDC-700MG-FTW. I don't know anyone who has one, and don't mind being the guinea pig for something that might be awesome. Thanks to all of the TT members who gave suggestions, and helped me make a decision on at least one new cranking rod for now especially Aquaftm45. I will be looking out for a few of the other suggested rods in the future.
Thanks,
Dom


The rod:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2Forder%2F
Congrats! I would venture to say you will be the only one in the US with that rod! I do know of another TT member who has their Swimbait Rod (Lion Heart) and had nothing but great things to say about the quality and construction.
As it says on the butt plate, you have a "Far East Hardcore Fishing Addiction"...haha
I'm going to join the club at some point this year, hoping they do another run of the Cristobal

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php ... it#p637245
Thank you. All your behind the scenes help was much appreciated. Now the fun begins... finding the reel that sits on the “white magic for moving & plugging addiction” rod. :lol: With all this addiction talk I think my bank account needs rehab. Thanks.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: San Francisco/Bay area

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by DrPerf » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:39 am

domthewon wrote:So... I had to do it. I ended up going with the Sedition White Falcon 7 SDC-700MG-FTW. I don't know anyone who has one, and don't mind being the guinea pig for something that might be awesome. Thanks to all of the TT members who gave suggestions, and helped me make a decision on at least one new cranking rod for now especially Aquaftm45. I will be looking out for a few of the other suggested rods in the future.
Thanks,
Dom


The rod:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2Forder%2F
Sounds/looks great =D>
Be sure to post a review after you use it.

Doc

Post Reply