Alphas CT 70 in stock at Digitaka!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Alphas CT 70 in stock at Digitaka!

Post by Samuel_b » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 am

ss30378 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:LMAO this got way off topic :lol:

Any insights from those purchasing this reel would be greatly appreciated
We are collectively notorious for going off-topic here! :doh: Or, at least, I am.... :lol: I know a couple of early-adopters. They are both thoroughly impressed with the reel, to the point that I will be selling off a few things in the very near future.
Interesting :D Don't need one but kinda want one now :lol: Any news of it compared to the SV105 would be nice!! I liked my SV 105 but wasn't impressed with it enough to keep it in the lineup. Hoping this one is a little better caster. Love the Alphas platform second favorite behind the OG Zillion.
Well, I do know that ss30378 bought one, then sold an Aldebaran BFS XG AND an '09 Aldebaran with Avail spool within a couple of days... then ordered the Steez CT SV, which supposedly has the same spool. That's a pretty powerful statement imo, because any Alde variant is an extremely nice reel.
Well actually i only sold the 09 with avail 918 spool and just the avail 16ald15 spool from the bfs xg. But i also sold a bantam and scorpion 70 to offset the steez lol...

In actuality i compared the scorp 70 directly to the alphas 70. Same 10lb red label on both and on the same 6'6" ML poison adrena. I tested casting a 1/4oz shad rap and a 4.1g lucky craft tango minnow. Casting, honestly wasnt even a close comparison. I was in very windy conditions and the alphas had much better distance, control and accuracy. The spool startup on this tiny spool is so minute the lure takes off like a rocket with lazer flat trajectory even with the tango. Changing positions to cast with the wind at my back the alphas still out distanced the scorpion by 20+ feet. Casting for accuracy was probably the most noticeable part of the test. With the flat trajectory and instant release i was able to make precise pinpoint casts easier than i have with any reel. Comparing a 9.4g with bearing spool to a 15.59g without a bearing spool is no comparison, at least with 1/4oz or less.
:) :mrgreen: There goes another $200 some bucks :doh:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Looks like I'lll be adding another Alphas to the collection at some point. A "70".

FishNrace
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Location: Canada - Fishing my life away any chance i get.....

Post by FishNrace » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:07 am

Does someone mind explaining the spacers to me? Are the orange spacers attached solidly to the frame or they are sorta loose? And when you remove the new alpha spool, do the orange spacers fall out too?
I want 1 too but.... Thx in advance.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 am

FishNrace wrote:Does someone mind explaining the spacers to me? Are the orange spacers attached solidly to the frame or they are sorta loose? And when you remove the new alpha spool, do the orange spacers fall out too?
I got mine yesterday and took it apart. I didn't try to remove the spacers but I'm fairly certain they're a tight press fit into the frame and onto the magnet housing.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 am

FishNrace wrote:Does someone mind explaining the spacers to me? Are the orange spacers attached solidly to the frame or they are sorta loose? And when you remove the new alpha spool, do the orange spacers fall out too?
They appear to be pressed in on both the frame and on the set plate. They definitely aren't going anywhere when taking the spool out.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Anybody else get their hands on one? Can't decide if I wanna pull the trigger or not.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 pm

iabass8 wrote:Anybody else get their hands on one? Can't decide if I wanna pull the trigger or not.
I went for the Steez CT XH first. Depends on how much I like it as to whether I buy the Alphas or another Steez CT(this time in the 6.3 ratio). I love the Alphas/Pixy form factor, but this new Steez is actually smaller. If it fits me like I think it will, I will be selling off a few reels to replace with a few new Steez.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
iabass8 wrote:Anybody else get their hands on one? Can't decide if I wanna pull the trigger or not.
I went for the Steez CT XH first. Depends on how much I like it as to whether I buy the Alphas or another Steez CT(this time in the 6.3 ratio). I love the Alphas/Pixy form factor, but this new Steez is actually smaller. If it fits me like I think it will, I will be selling off a few reels to replace with this new Steez.
I thought about that one too but i've already got a few SVTWS and A's...and zero alpaha variants. I just don't want to cast off the spool of this new 30mm /w 10# fluoro and a senko.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:08 pm

iabass8 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
I went for the Steez CT XH first. Depends on how much I like it as to whether I buy the Alphas or another Steez CT(this time in the 6.3 ratio). I love the Alphas/Pixy form factor, but this new Steez is actually smaller. If it fits me like I think it will, I will be selling off a few reels to replace with this new Steez.
I thought about that one too but i've already got a few SVTWS and A's...and zero alpaha variants. I just don't want to cast off the spool of this new 30mm /w 10# fluoro and a senko.
If you can cast 250 - 260 feet, you're gonna have to let me know what your secret is :lol:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:29 pm

iabass8 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
The spool of the Alphas CT and Steez CT are identical, except for the color. Im waiting on a friend who has both to let me know if the T-Wing makes any difference for very light lures. I will be using light braid, so line capacity isn't an issue for me. Im not a big fan of orange or purple on a reel, but the performance is more important.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:39 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
The spool of the Alphas CT and Steez CT are identical, except for the color. Im waiting on a friend who has both to let me know if the T-Wing makes any difference for very light lures.
I thought I read they were the same. Glad to know I'm not crazy. Reel is going to be doing on an DXHP742 and the alphas has orange parts....baby got to match ya know.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
If you can cast 250 - 260 feet, you're gonna have to let me know what your secret is :lol:
You mean you can't cast a 1.5 80 yards on an average cast like everybody else on other forums? rookie. :big grin:

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 pm

you guys can't talk me out of this one! 7:2 LH was just ordered. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:26 pm

iabass8 wrote:you guys can't talk me out of this one! 7:2 LH was just ordered. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
I'm trying to talk ME out of it, not you! :lol:

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:48 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
iabass8 wrote:you guys can't talk me out of this one! 7:2 LH was just ordered. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
I'm trying to talk ME out of it, not you! :lol:
Haha, sorry man. Hopefully it gets here this week. Been awhile since I've ordered from Digitaka.