Daiwa Luvias vs. Certate

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Luvias vs. Certate

Post by karirick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:46 am

j2015 wrote:Exist is in clearance at tackle warehouse for 4ish if you haven’t already purchased a spinning reel, pretty good deal
Yeah if you are good with a Zaion frame that deal would be where I'd look. If you can wait until Memorial Day it will go 15% off at least and put it around $340. It was the best Daiwa spinner money can buy not too long ago.

Rick

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:36 pm

karirick wrote:
j2015 wrote:Exist is in clearance at tackle warehouse for 4ish if you haven’t already purchased a spinning reel, pretty good deal
Yeah if you are good with a Zaion frame that deal would be where I'd look. If you can wait until Memorial Day it will go 15% off at least and put it around $340. It was the best Daiwa spinner money can buy not too long ago.

Rick

Thanks for the input, but that's over $100 more than I can buy the JDM Luvias for and I never like spending over $250 on spinning reels.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
karirick wrote:

Rick

Thanks for the input, but that's over $100 more than I can buy the JDM Luvias for and I never like spending over $250 on spinning reels.
I hear that. I wish I could have kept to a budget cap years ago; this site is dangerous on a wallet....

Luvias seems to be great; so you can't go wrong.

Rick

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:56 pm

karirick wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
karirick wrote:

Rick

I hear that. I wish I could have kept to a budget cap years ago; this site is dangerous on a wallet....

Luvias seems to be great; so you can't go wrong.

Rick
Thanks and lol it def is. I unfortunately have no budget on rods though =P~ ](*,) or casting reels, it's just that given that the Stradic and Twinpower have always been so good to me at that price I just refuse to throw more money at spinning reels. That and the fact that spinning makes up maybe 10-15% of my fishing max maybe less