What to do with a steez sv105 ltd

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What to do with a steez sv105 ltd

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:35 am

leggomye990 wrote:
Bass1980 wrote:I was thinking of getting a curado DC for learning how to skip baits lol
Great choice! Or a met dc.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:12 am

leggomye990 wrote:
Bass1980 wrote:Light Trig and weightless senkos. It's a very nice reel to skip senkos under docks.
My skipping game is WEAK af, if this reel helps me skip stuff maybe it'll be worth while to learn with it? :-k
I was thinking of getting a curado DC for learning how to skip baits lol
I didnt like the Curado DC much for sjipping or really casting in general. I found the Scorpion DC to be better in every way besides retrieve and gear ratio options.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:22 am

Lol I just need something that's pretty forgiving, skipping baits is my goal this summer ahah.
So the scorpion DC has better breaking than the curado DC?

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:21 am

Any of the Daiwa reels with an SV spool are going to be easier to skip with, just takes lots of practice to get proficient at it.
As far as being afraid to use the Steez, just keep a reel cover on it and put the cover back on as soon as your done fishing with it.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 pm

leggomye990 wrote:
Fishinfanatic115 wrote:I have one on a Destroyer FMJ. Fantastic for jigs with 17lb fluoro.

What jig weight are you throwing with it?
Majority of the time is a 1/2oz Keitech M1. Also have thrown 3/8oz in the same jig, but it feels light. Both with either a Reaction Smallie Beaver or Netbait Paca Chunk on the back.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:05 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:Bottom contact less than 3/4oz.

I had one and loved it. I felt it was too nice of a reel and sold it to fund other projects.
Ahhaa, almost how I feel at this point. Too nice I don't want to break it in.

What rod you pair yours with?
I had mine on an NRX 852c. Such a killer finesse Texas Rig setup
Honestly same :lol: :D Had one and it was so damn sweet no complaints. I had mine on a custom NFC HM for fishing jigs around docks and loved it. Just a heads up if you beat on your gear it will chip the finish pretty bad. I fish with a guy on here and was shocked to see his lol it was a little chipped up. I only had mine a few months but fished from my Kayak and shore a few times even and never chipped it but just something to be aware of.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:Bottom contact less than 3/4oz.

I had one and loved it. I felt it was too nice of a reel and sold it to fund other projects.
Ahhaa, almost how I feel at this point. Too nice I don't want to break it in.

What rod you pair yours with?
I had mine on an NRX 852c. Such a killer finesse Texas Rig setup
Honestly same :lol: :D Had one and it was so damn sweet no complaints. I had mine on a custom NFC HM for fishing jigs around docks and loved it. Just a heads up if you beat on your gear it will chip the finish pretty bad. I fish with a guy on here and was shocked to see his lol it was a little chipped up. I only had mine a few months but fished from my Kayak and shore a few times even and never chipped it but just something to be aware of.
Chip a little bit? They peel like a grape. I think I've seen two that were near mint, that actually got at least some use. That's why I won't buy one. It would give me an aneurysm for sure.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:06 pm

^ my exact reason for not using mine yet, I've read in some other posts that this reel has some flakey paint.. Of course I read it AFTER I got my reel and made me not even want to use it yet lmao

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:13 pm

leggomye990 wrote:^ my exact reason for not using mine yet, I've read in some other posts that this reel has some flakey paint.. Of course I read it AFTER I got my reel and made me not even want to use it yet lmao
Just don’t use it rough and you’re fine. Like I said I kept a cover on it about 1/2 the time in the yak and off half the time never scratched mine.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 am

leggomye990 wrote:^ my exact reason for not using mine yet, I've read in some other posts that this reel has some flakey paint.. Of course I read it AFTER I got my reel and made me not even want to use it yet lmao
It's not the paint, it's the top coat that peels, and that's what gives it that killer appearance.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:28 am

leggomye990 wrote:That's a sweet combo, I love the x7 emtf. What lures and weight range are you throwing with that pair?
I
Thanks! I just got it at the end of last season, so haven't had a chance to flake the paint off yet, but so far its been working great for throwing small jigs, those little tungsten keitechs jigs are killer for smallmouth around here.
My only complaint is that the brake selector dial moves a little too "freely" and when I set the hook my hand sometimes hits it and changes the settings.. other than that seems like a great all around reel, matched well the the x7EM, even had good luck with a squarebill crankbait:

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:16 am

Pitching for me. Mostly with Jackall Cover Slides.

Instagram @___bradb

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:19 am

^ Yeah, Im really itching to use mine just not sure what to pair it with yet and what to use it for.
it looks so pretty with the cork knobs :oops:

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Would be nice on a steez rod also!

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 pm

Mine is going to go onto the new Levante Jerkbait Special with a 1010 spool.