Abu Garcia Revo ALT

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Abu Garcia Revo ALT

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 am

Been trying to get some more info on this reel, but everything is very vague. I know its brass gears, and 4 pin centrifugal brakes. Its like an MGX with 4 instead of 6 pins on the brakes, and aluminum frame instead of magnesium. Its a nice looking reel, and based on the Gen2 or Gen3 reels? Anyone have/had one? Can you tell me any more about them?
<")))><{

-Boris-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Abu Garcia Revo ALT

Post by -Boris- » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:29 am

Apart from the gear and frame material, the Revo ALT ist nearly the same like the Revo MGX, but saltwater resistent.
RIMG0142.jpg
RIMG0142.jpg (243.16 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
More pictures: https://www.instagram.com/addicted_to_baitcaster/

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 am

-Boris- wrote:Apart from the gear and frame material, the Revo ALT ist nearly the same like the Revo MGX, but saltwater resistent.

RIMG0142.jpg
Can you tell me if this reel is based on the Gen3 Revos? And if so, is it production after the clutch issue corrections?
<")))><{

-Boris-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by -Boris- » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:58 am

In my opinion the MGX, LTX, ALT and LT don't base on the Gen2 or Gen3 Revo, because they are a parallel series to the Gen2 and Gen3 Revos and are a little bit smaller - and I don't know anything about clutch issues.
More pictures: https://www.instagram.com/addicted_to_baitcaster/

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:57 am

-Boris- wrote:In my opinion the MGX, LTX, ALT and LT don't base on the Gen2 or Gen3 Revo, because they are a parallel series to the Gen2 and Gen3 Revos and are a little bit smaller - and I don't know anything about clutch issues.
Ok. Thanks for the info.
<")))><{