Tulala blanks?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Tulala blanks?

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:06 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:52 pm
Dranckrazy x Tulala Gargoyle 69h has showed up the usual shop(s) online. Can I possibly resist knowing I can barely keep my hands off the monsrtuo 74? ](*,)
I was just thinking today about asking you how your liking new sword...guess this answers the question. I've been hawking all of them on Yjp recently. Especially the short beast, 6'4 Minuano to pair with a Saltiga30 2-speed to leave in FL for Grouper/Snapper fishing. My most recent FL trip left me desiring more than using my buddies Penn's, BG's or the like. My most repeated phrase in FL "You just bought a $110,000 boat and all you have to choose from are $150 combos?" :doh: :lol:

I’m on my annual trip to the gulf as type getting taking a break before the evening bite and furiously scratching noseeum bites. Yeah; the monstruo is the real deal. From magdraft freestyle right to 1-2 oz jigs right to squarebills without missing a beat.

Here’s the Gargoyle: https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamp.amebl ... 41694.html

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:10 am

Dranckrazy X Tulala Gargoyle 6.9. The monkey has conquered me again. I have had one outing with it throwing scottboro swinbaits on flashy swimmers. It has true medium fast taper. The lightest I've gone is 3/8 oz and up to 1 oz. I am able to launch baits from a sitting position in yak at this weight range as far as I have been able to with ease. Blank loads like slingshot. One handed casting is also very doable. Blank is sensitive; I feel the bait moving through cover feeling grass types well. All of the strikes I've had were very violent so far, so I can't say anything about subtle bites yet. Blank is also 'crisp' as I understand the term. I like 7.4 monstruo, but it's unwieldy in kayak. This one is perfect for that application. I have not caught anything much bigger than my bait yet, but had no problem pulling them out of heavy cover. I'm confident that I this will handle big fish with authority.
Attachments
IMG_0999 (1).jpg
IMG_0999 (1).jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
IMG_1001.jpg
IMG_1001.jpg (129.51 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_1002.jpg (131.06 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
IMG_1003.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg (125.43 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
IMG_1004.jpg
IMG_1004.jpg (99.53 KiB) Viewed 7100 times

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:01 pm

=D> \:D/ =D>
Bravo Sir...Great report and splendid looking rod. These have quickly moved up to #2 in the list of rods I want to purchase this year. Just haven't decided which one yet. Leaning toward one that will handle primarily SW duties. Almost pulled the trigger on a JetSlowxTulala travel rod for my upcoming Panama trip, but didn't get my snipe in on time. It might have had something to do with the god-awful green slime color of the rod... :lol:

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:10 am
Dranckrazy X Tulala Gargoyle 6.9. The monkey has conquered me again. I have had one outing with it throwing scottboro swinbaits on flashy swimmers. It has true medium fast taper. The lightest I've gone is 3/8 oz and up to 1 oz. I am able to launch baits from a sitting position in yak at this weight range as far as I have been able to with ease. Blank loads like slingshot. One handed casting is also very doable. Blank is sensitive; I feel the bait moving through cover feeling grass types well. All of the strikes I've had were very violent so far, so I can't say anything about subtle bites yet. Blank is also 'crisp' as I understand the term. I like 7.4 monstruo, but it's unwieldy in kayak. This one is perfect for that application. I have not caught anything much bigger than my bait yet, but had no problem pulling them out of heavy cover. I'm confident that I this will handle big fish with authority.
Failed to mention: blank on this rod is from El Horzonte series. Guides on this build are titanium, which is not the case across all Tulala. First seven guides are double footed and positioned “backwards” on blank and final three guides before tip are single and positioned in the typical fashion.

Jevans1770
Angler
Angler

Post by Jevans1770 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 pm

I only own one Tulala rod (the 81S Jetslow - 4pc travel rod for trout) but I've played with quite a few in tackle shops in Tokyo. One thing they all seem to have in common in a lighter tip to aid in road loading while casting - but powerful butts. His weight ratings are a radical departure from a lot of manufacturers but it kind of works out. My 81S is rated for 1g - 30g. I've only tested it out with 3-5g spoons and 25g spoons. And it basically works at advertised.

He has a new 8'6" 4 piece baitcast rod out intended, nominally, for salmon and pike and stuff along those lines. But he he also says you can stick a BFS reel on it and cast down to 2g...or a heavy duty reel and cast up to 60g. Seems crazy, but his blanks are a little different than the average bear.

The fit and finish is top notch - not quite as much cool Matagi stuff as Megabass - but you can tell it's a special rod by looking at it.

Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reverendo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Well thanks to you guys I ordered a Tulala Monstruo 710 last week. Now I wait... hopefully the online store (Lure & Boat Backlash), that I purchased it from is not a scam... I'll keep you posted...

Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reverendo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm

So Lure & Boat Backlash out of Japan just refunded me my money for the rod I ordered. That’s it. No communication other than the refund. I’m assuming that though they had it listed on their website they were out of stock. So now the search continues for the Monstro 710.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Reverendo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm
So Lure & Boat Backlash out of Japan just refunded me my money for the rod I ordered. That’s it. No communication other than the refund. I’m assuming that though they had it listed on their website they were out of stock. So now the search continues for the Monstro 710.
I’m sorry to hear that. Yeah; I had to go to some lengths to get that 74 by choosing to snipe and got pretty lucky with the other.

Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reverendo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Thank you. Here’s a dumb question. What do you mean by “snipe?” I’ve heard it a few times and I get the feeling it’s being used in a way I’m not familiar with.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Reverendo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:57 pm
Thank you. Here’s a dumb question. What do you mean by “snipe?” I’ve heard it a few times and I get the feeling it’s being used in a way I’m not familiar with.
Some places offer a service to buy you the rod you want from a place that does not ship and send it to you. They have the shipping figured out for a decent price. You pay them for the headache of buying it and sending it to you in a proper rod tube. You just tell them the shop and rod you want. They’ll give you a quote and if you agree to it their snipe fee, they send you the rod. I can PM you the guy I use cause he’s not a site sponsor-rules

Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reverendo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:47 pm
Reverendo wrote:
Some places offer a service to buy you the rod you want from a place that does not ship and send it to you. They have the shipping figured out for a decent price. You pay them for the headache of buying it and sending it to you in a proper rod tube. You just tell them the shop and rod you want. They’ll give you a quote and if you agree to it their snipe fee, they send you the rod. I can PM you the guy I use cause he’s not a site sponsor-rules
Perfect. Awesome. Thanks. Can he locate the rod in stock, or is that up to me? Does he speak Japanese?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Reverendo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Reverendo wrote:
Perfect. Awesome. Thanks. Can he locate the rod in stock, or is that up to me? Does he speak Japanese?
All perfect English. I think he charges more (I think) if he has to do the looking. I’ve always provided him the link to what I want. But I’m pretty sure he advertises search and snipe also.

Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reverendo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:13 pm
Reverendo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Reverendo wrote:
All perfect English. I think he charges more (I think) if he has to do the looking. I’ve always provided him the link to what I want. But I’m pretty sure he advertises search and snipe also.
Awesome. Thank you very much.
D-

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 am

Suprising to see that Tulala showed up at ICast..granted with what might have been the most skeletal booth in the history of the show.
Wish the team at TT could have replaced the Plano Edge coverage with a page dedicated to a very interesting JDM brand that appears want to make an introduction to the US market.

In a sea of Huk/Columbia/AFTCO duds (literaly), Yuji's shirt should have taken best of show...

(*unless you understand japanese, I suggest mute)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dCTGiPQ-8A

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 am
Suprising to see that Tulala showed up at ICast..granted with what might have been the most skeletal booth in the history of the show.
Wish the team at TT could have replaced the Plano Edge coverage with a page dedicated to a very interesting JDM brand that appears want to make an introduction to the US market.

In a sea of Huk/Columbia/AFTCO duds (literaly), Yuji's shirt should have taken best of show...

(*unless you understand japanese, I suggest mute)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dCTGiPQ-8A
Wow; cool. Thanks for this link