Millionaire CT SV

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Millionaire CT SV

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue May 07, 2019 2:05 am

For the early adopters, Japan Tackle have SHL models listed as in stock. Tight lines.

JoeyBones
Angler
Angler

Re: Millionaire CT SV

Post by JoeyBones » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:26 pm

I'd love to hear input from anyone who's fished this reel.

Specifically - I'm currently throwing frogs, senkos, jigs (nothing too light... Probably 1/8 oz on up to 5/8 oz) on a couple of Luna 103s with 1016 RCS spools. 30 lb Power Pro usually.

Wondering if that SV spool would hinder my casting distance as compared to my current Luna setup, being that the SV spool is smaller and lighter, marketed as a BFS-leaning spool.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:38 pm

JoeyBones wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:26 pm
I'd love to hear input from anyone who's fished this reel.

Specifically - I'm currently throwing frogs, senkos, jigs (nothing too light... Probably 1/8 oz on up to 5/8 oz) on a couple of Luna 103s with 1016 RCS spools. 30 lb Power Pro usually.

Wondering if that SV spool would hinder my casting distance as compared to my current Luna setup, being that the SV spool is smaller and lighter, marketed as a BFS-leaning spool.
Same here I was looking at one last weekend
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Looks like TT have one in testing now.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Sore Thumb wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:03 pm
Looks like TT have one in testing now.
I noticed that too, in the YGK fluoro review.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 pm

I have absolutely no need for this reel right now, but I keep trying to talk myself into it. :lol:

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 am

Any chance of a preview Cal?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 am

I have made some comments on the reel in the 19 steez ct thread, which by now is 21 pages long.

I do not like the reel much.
Some plusses:
It is good looking and pleasent to palm. It is also very smooth. I would expect this in a high end Daiwa. When (my) casting goes well, especially with 5g plus lures, I get OK distance.

Some minusses:
The reel is temperamental in my hands. With many of my reels I get great distance and hardly ever backlash. With this reel I get an above average number of backlashes. I have not had any major end-of-fishing-trip backlahs, but the small ones are still a nuisance.
The non-handle sideplate can be difficult to re-attach.
The mag-brake is not easy to turn.

I may have made other comments in the abovementioned thread.

IMO there are many other reels out there that perform better for less $.
Mind you, I employ 2.5-7g lures to fish in a quite windy area for large trout in small streams with a lot of vegetation. The reel may suit your fishing better...

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am

Can you take the spacers out, change the worm shaft, and use a regular spool? Might be worth it to get one and sell those parts off to someone who wants that tiny spool...
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:45 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am
Can you take the spacers out, change the worm shaft, and use a regular spool? Might be worth it to get one and sell those parts off to someone who wants that tiny spool...
I know a guy who removed the spacers from an Alphas CT 70, just to remove the orange color. The rest of your questions I have no idea.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 am
I have made some comments on the reel in the 19 steez ct thread, which by now is 21 pages long.

I do not like the reel much.
Some plusses:
It is good looking and pleasent to palm. It is also very smooth. I would expect this in a high end Daiwa. When (my) casting goes well, especially with 5g plus lures, I get OK distance.

Some minusses:
The reel is temperamental in my hands. With many of my reels I get great distance and hardly ever backlash. With this reel I get an above average number of backlashes. I have not had any major end-of-fishing-trip backlahs, but the small ones are still a nuisance.
The non-handle sideplate can be difficult to re-attach.
The mag-brake is not easy to turn.

I may have made other comments in the abovementioned thread.

IMO there are many other reels out there that perform better for less $.
Mind you, I employ 2.5-7g lures to fish in a quite windy area for large trout in small streams with a lot of vegetation. The reel may suit your fishing better...
Have you messed around the spring, ramp, etc? Sounds like a consistent issue.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm

No, I haven’t worked on the spring or ramp as I have limited experience with it. I consider using the reel for the pike and perch where lures are heavier - plus maybe having the spool less filled with line may help.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm
No, I haven’t worked on the spring or ramp as I have limited experience with it. I consider using the reel for the pike and perch where lures are heavier - plus maybe having the spool less filled with line may help.
SV tech can be inconsistent at times. Inductor ramp swap and stronger spring can often solve this. I'd give it a shot.

JoeyBones
Angler
Angler

Post by JoeyBones » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm
SV tech can be inconsistent at times. Inductor ramp swap and stronger spring can often solve this. I'd give it a shot.
Where might one order the stronger inductor spring that you mention? I wanted to try this mod on my Luna 103s, but couldn't find the spring in stock anywhere. I've always felt like my Lunas were over-braked mid and late cast, and saw this as one of the only possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:48 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am
I don't believe this would be feasible as the CT reels with the spacers have also a longer pinion to reach the spool as the spool is so narrow and without having a good look at one the magnets maybe offset as well for the spool inductor , there is more to these reels than just a set of spacers and worm guide