Millionaire CT SV

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Millionaire CT SV

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm

JoeyBones wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:18 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm
No, I haven’t worked on the spring or ramp as I have limited experience with it. I consider using the reel for the pike and perch where lures are heavier - plus maybe having the spool less filled with line may help.
SV tech can be inconsistent at times. Inductor ramp swap and stronger spring can often solve this. I'd give it a shot.
Where might one order the stronger inductor spring that you mention? I wanted to try this mod on my Luna 103s, but couldn't find the spring in stock anywhere. I've always felt like my Lunas were over-braked mid and late cast, and saw this as one of the only possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.
Ask Brian from the Tackletrap.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Millionaire CT SV

Post by poisonokie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:59 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:48 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am
Can you take the spacers out, change the worm shaft, and use a regular spool? Might be worth it to get one and sell those parts off to someone who wants that tiny spool...
I don't believe this would be feasible as the CT reels with the spacers have also a longer pinion to reach the spool as the spool is so narrow and without having a good look at one the magnets maybe offset as well for the spool inductor , there is more to these reels than just a set of spacers and worm guide
I was curious whether or not the rotor is even the same diameter as all the other spools. It looks smaller to me in pictures.
This is the way.