Anyone having issues buying from Japan Angler?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
toots
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Anyone having issues buying from Japan Angler?

Post by toots » Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 pm

I recently purchase a rod from Japan Angler on April 15th and I haven't got any emails from them. I emailed them multiple times with no response, I have bought multiple reels without any issues. I'm just wondering if anyone is having any issues with Japan Angler?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Anyone having issues buying from Japan Angler?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon May 13, 2019 1:40 pm

They recently had national holidays for over week in Japan. Sometimes, rods get hung up in customs, for reasons unknown. Just email Jun and inquire about the rod's whereabouts. They are usually very quick to respond to any emails received.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:05 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:40 pm
They recently had national holidays for over week in Japan. Sometimes, rods get hung up in customs, for reasons unknown. Just email Jun and inquire about the rod's whereabouts. They are usually very quick to respond to any emails received.
Jun is japan tackle, Kazu is jpangler :D

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Oops, I misread, thought he said Japan Tackle. :oops: At this point, the only thing keeping me out of glasses is my pride.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm
Oops, I misread, thought he said Japan Tackle. :oops: At this point, the only thing keeping me out of glasses is my pride.
Lasik man! Had it done 15 years ago and its still holding on strong!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm

ss30378 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Already looking into it..... :big grin:

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm
ss30378 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Already looking into it..... :big grin:
Don't forget your glasses :cool1:
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

anteman
Angler
Angler

Post by anteman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am

Any new info on shipments from Japan Angler? Do they deliver?
Have had the same fine experience as original poster but that was years ago... Lots and lots of items on their website seems to be "out of stock" at present which makes me concerned... are they in trouble? :-k
Last edited by anteman on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 am

anteman wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am
Any new info on shipments from Japan Angler? Do they deliver?
I ordered about a month ago, and I literally got my package before an order I ordered at the same time from a retailer on the East Coast. It was my first time ordering from Japan Angler and everything was pretty seamless. I did notice that instead of using the regular shipping service (EMS), they were forced to use FedEx, and I didn't see a change in shipping price. I thought EMS was less expensive, but was as expensive as FedEx ($19 for shoe sized box less than 3 pounds)
anteman wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am
Lots and lots of items on their website seems to be "out of stock" at present which makes me concerned... are they in trouble? :-k
You know, I've always noticed these JDM shops have a lot of items out of stock, so it don't even notice that anymore. It's almost like they limit production (due to so many factors) to keep their items moving through shelves. Kinda like an artificial supply and demand.

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Was actually going to ask about this myself. I’ve ordered many times from them the last few years. Tried contacting Kazu several times in the last few weeks and haven’t had a single reply. Was wondering if email or contact has changed? Anyone heard from them so far in 2021? Kazu has always been great to work with in the past, hope everything is ok.
Last edited by Cranky on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anteman
Angler
Angler

Post by anteman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks guys, let's hope the still deliver, the offer a good deal on the New Zillion. It's a pity they don't use EMS, cos as I recall Fedex shipping more or less garanties paying Swedish taxes -that would mean an additional +20%... :( I do hope my recollection failes me :)

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:06 am

I've ordered before and never received an email or notification... But my package showed up 3 business days later.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 am

I’m having the same issues with JPangler (Kazu). I have been trying to get a couple rods and have emailed 4 or 5 times in the past couple months with zero response. I have bought lots from him in the past with nothing but great experiences. Don’t know what’s going on??

anteman
Angler
Angler

Post by anteman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:37 am

Hhmm... @jpmoney - so have you ordered and paid something not yet delivered or is inquiries and reminders without response?

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:33 am

I've talked to Kazu via emails over the past 2 weeks and yes he returned emails sometimes right away other times in days... I'm guessing given the situation he is probably very busy at times and might have to work with less manpower... I would just send him reminders, it worked for me and he is easy and straightforward to communicate with.