Studio Composite (Standard Plus)

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Studio Composite (Standard Plus)

Post by TahoeDust » Fri May 31, 2019 8:15 pm

Does anyone know anything about this company? I own a few of their handles, and they are the best I have ever seen. It seems like their models are only ever in stock a few models at a time. I would love to pick up a few of their Shimano RC-SC Plus handles without knobs, but I am not sure I will ever see them for sale again.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Studio Composite (Standard Plus)

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Studio Composite...Standard Plus...Individual Development-not sure which tail is wagging the dog. Regardless, amazing products and glad you started the thread, I would love to see some showcase items.

ID is the only functioning website that I have found, and I am not sure how exactly they are associated with SC/SP. ID is the entitity that produces the small batch rods, Paradox-Heavy to Extra Heavy, Outback- Heavy Travel rods, and For the Beast-Insanely Heavy. The FTB series has a collaboration with DRT currently. Both the DRT and ID rods share alot of attributes and I have wondered if ultimatly one is making the other.

Here is a glimps at the website, although it is not updated with thier most current products. Paradox interests me the most, as I don't throw massive lures. The current Paradox range are 7'6 rods, and spiral wrapped I believe. Still trying to accept how the joint is executed, would much prefered a grip joint.

https://idcustom.jp/product/ftb-78/

SP/SC-The handles and knobs, oh my! As you said, they are the best(subjectively speaking). Insanely popular with Big Bait Bass enthusiests in Japan. I can't count how many RC-SC XL.. I have seen in forums mounted on Mets and Ants. (guess those reels are a thing in Japan.. :lol: )
Many other goods offered besides the RS-SC series as anyone can see on HH Studio's. I'll eventually pull the trigger on the spinning series, RC-SS for my Exists. They have sizes suitable for reels from 2500 to 6000.

As for the handles only. Good Luck!! They could release more, but no way of knowing when. Best bet is to peruse the JP auction sites and especially keep an eye out for reels on the sites that have a SC handle. I have seen 2 this week that I could easily swap out the handle, resell the reel and be holding a SC handle for less than $50.

That's all I know! Let's see some PICS!!!
My small collection:
-RC-SC 29XL 96mm mounted on a Diawa Battler.(The way I took this pic makes the knobs look insanely big, kinda like when you hold a 2 lb bass out for the camera)
-Rare (I think) I-Shape knobs mounted on a Steez LTD 105. (Picked these up off auction and they were supposed to be for Daiwa, I had to put 2 bearings at the bottom and 1 at the top of each for them to work, 6 frickin' bearings, but man do they work.) :big grin:
rsz_best_daiwa_reel_ever.jpg
rsz_best_daiwa_reel_ever.jpg (64.91 KiB) Viewed 11623 times
rsz_biach_aint_peeled_yet.jpg
rsz_biach_aint_peeled_yet.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 11623 times

hzzhangc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hzzhangc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:00 pm

I'm not a big fan of their carbon fiberI shape knobs. The do look nice but I have broke two of them when I reeled in. I guess that's because the knob is hollow and they can only glue on the two ends.
Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:23 pm
Studio Composite...Standard Plus...Individual Development-not sure which tail is wagging the dog. Regardless, amazing products and glad you started the thread, I would love to see some showcase items.

ID is the only functioning website that I have found, and I am not sure how exactly they are associated with SC/SP. ID is the entitity that produces the small batch rods, Paradox-Heavy to Extra Heavy, Outback- Heavy Travel rods, and For the Beast-Insanely Heavy. The FTB series has a collaboration with DRT currently. Both the DRT and ID rods share alot of attributes and I have wondered if ultimatly one is making the other.

Here is a glimps at the website, although it is not updated with thier most current products. Paradox interests me the most, as I don't throw massive lures. The current Paradox range are 7'6 rods, and spiral wrapped I believe. Still trying to accept how the joint is executed, would much prefered a grip joint.

https://idcustom.jp/product/ftb-78/

SP/SC-The handles and knobs, oh my! As you said, they are the best(subjectively speaking). Insanely popular with Big Bait Bass enthusiests in Japan. I can't count how many RC-SC XL.. I have seen in forums mounted on Mets and Ants. (guess those reels are a thing in Japan.. :lol: )
Many other goods offered besides the RS-SC series as anyone can see on HH Studio's. I'll eventually pull the trigger on the spinning series, RC-SS for my Exists. They have sizes suitable for reels from 2500 to 6000.

As for the handles only. Good Luck!! They could release more, but no way of knowing when. Best bet is to peruse the JP auction sites and especially keep an eye out for reels on the sites that have a SC handle. I have seen 2 this week that I could easily swap out the handle, resell the reel and be holding a SC handle for less than $50.

That's all I know! Let's see some PICS!!!
My small collection:
-RC-SC 29XL 96mm mounted on a Diawa Battler.(The way I took this pic makes the knobs look insanely big, kinda like when you hold a 2 lb bass out for the camera)
-Rare (I think) I-Shape knobs mounted on a Steez LTD 105. (Picked these up off auction and they were supposed to be for Daiwa, I had to put 2 bearings at the bottom and 1 at the top of each for them to work, 6 frickin' bearings, but man do they work.) :big grin:

rsz_best_daiwa_reel_ever.jpg
rsz_biach_aint_peeled_yet.jpg

hzzhangc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hzzhangc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:05 pm

I do like their handles. One nice thing is it doesn't require offset dragstars.
1.jpg
1.jpg (38.55 KiB) Viewed 11605 times

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:26 pm

hzzhangc wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:00 pm
I'm not a big fan of their carbon fiberI shape knobs. The do look nice but I have broke two of them when I reeled in. I guess that's because the knob is hollow and they can only glue on the two ends.
Hopefully with the 3 bearing per knob I had to shove in to make them work on my handle, they are not very hollow anymore :lol: and I won't have the same misfortune!

Great looking reels sir!

TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TahoeDust » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:35 am

I have 3 right now and am working on getting another.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:02 am

This is relevant to my interests

and bravo to all the sweet pictures already posted!!

TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TahoeDust » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:34 pm

The 82mm without knobs I ordered on ebay is supposed to ship from Japan on the 7th. :D

If anyone has a handle without knobs or one that will take diawa knobs, I'll pay a fair price or trade one of my SC handles with the R31 EVA foam knobs.

TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TahoeDust » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Finally got the handle from ebay setup and installed. Feels pretty perfect to me.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 pm

I was going to write a dissertaton, but heck..pics should do for now. Will give my thoughts and impressions on the new setup this evening. All I can say is :D :D :D
rsz_img_3167.jpg
rsz_img_3167.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 10903 times
rsz_img_3168.jpg
rsz_img_3168.jpg (35.81 KiB) Viewed 10903 times
rsz_img_3169.jpg
rsz_img_3169.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 10903 times
rsz_1img_3170.jpg
rsz_1img_3170.jpg (46.03 KiB) Viewed 10903 times

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 pm
I was going to write a dissertaton, but heck..pics should do for now. Will give my thoughts and impressions on the new setup this evening. All I can say is :D :D :D
rsz_img_3167.jpg
rsz_img_3168.jpg
rsz_img_3169.jpg
rsz_1img_3170.jpg
Damn. That’s what I’m talking about. Congrats on your SCxID looks bad ass!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Finally up and running....good stuff

http://studiocomposite.jp/customrod/order/

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:03 am