Destroyer Flyssa vs Legend Elite 76mlxf

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Destroyer Flyssa vs Legend Elite 76mlxf

Post by Canga- » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:28 pm

looking for a rod to throw small swimbaits on (2.75-3" baits that i make myself, usually on 1/8, 3/16 or 1/4 oz jigheads). for the last year i have been using the st croix legend elite 6'10" mlxf, and its been a great rod for the job, but for some reason earlier this year i grabbed my 6'3" mlxf LE and have liked that rod even more (its a little lighter in action than the 6'10) so that got me thinking about the 7'6" model.

while looking around i stumbled upon the 2019 Flyssa, whice looks like it was designed for pretty much what im looking for, and i love the other megabass rods that i have, so i am very curious about this rod. im curious about the sensitivity on this rod, i have a JDM destroyer lycoan and its very sensitive, and have heard great things about the addermine. i know what im getting with the legend elite, as i have 4 of those as well, and love all of them.

anyone out there handled either or both and can weigh in? TIA

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Destroyer Flyssa vs Legend Elite 76mlxf

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:23 am

I have both rods, both are very nice indeed. I am generally impressed with the blanks, build quality, and guide train of the St. Croix Legend family. I've been fishing a lot of their rods lately in various series. I find the reel seat and handle design on the Croix to be less than comfortable in my hands however - it's simply a personal preference thing. The Flyssa has a very comfortable feel and is easy to fish, its light, its sensitive, and its a lot of fun to fish. I've been using mine for jig head swim baits like the Okashira Screw Head for example and it has been fantastic. Flyssa is a nicely versatile rod and I'm still working through all the different things it does well but I'm a big fan of this rod, and it's big brother Brigand too 8-) I hope this helps and I'd be glad to help you get set up with either rod you choose.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap