Lure & Boat Back Lash?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Reverendo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Lure & Boat Back Lash?

Post by Reverendo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:07 am

I ordered a rod from them last week and received one confirmation email outlining how extra costs might be incurred with an oversized item, duties, etc. I asked them them to give me a cost on this. That was early last week. After sending 3 more emails I still get no response.
Is this typical for them? Should I worry and initiate a chargeback?

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lure & Boat Back Lash?

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am

Reverendo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:07 am
I ordered a rod from them last week and received one confirmation email outlining how extra costs might be incurred with an oversized item, duties, etc. I asked them them to give me a cost on this. That was early last week. After sending 3 more emails I still get no response.
Is this typical for them? Should I worry and initiate a chargeback?
I emailed them twice to confirm thier listed shipping price (8500 Yen) before I ordered and to ask them to take the sales tax off (they are not supposed to charge tax for international shipping. I never recieved a response back. (I even traslated to Japanese). Wish I new someone who Japanese to call them directly. They have gems...

Let me know how your order works out. PLEASE! I want that rod!

Court
Angler
Angler

Re: Lure & Boat Back Lash?

Post by Court » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:43 pm

I have ordered from them three times now in the last couple months. Small packages, each time I received a few bucks back on my card for freight differences that ended up being under the estimated cost at invoice.
I wouldn't worry, they do have a Facebook page that you can contact them through.
And yes, they do have some GEM'S!