Rods/reels you regret not buying

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Rods/reels you regret not buying

Post by Teal101 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:27 am

KP Duty wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:05 pm
When I was in college and getting into higher end gear around '01, I joined the forum and started visiting japan tackle. They had that custom td-z order page up with all those colors to choose from. $599 was almost laughable to me then. Things have changed. I'd like to have one in metallic pink. Hell...all the metallic colors.
:mrgreen:

I had the same desire when I started in to tackle to have them all. I finished the collection November 2018 with the final piece, Metallic Green. I have 22 of them now I think, I lost count :lol:

I regret not buying more ZPI MG spools as well, but ended up finally getting that full collection together as well.

The only other one would be the limited IS reels. Really should have jumped on more of those when they were more readily available in the wild. I only have the IS71 Illusion and they're getting harder to find, not to mention more expensive.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:30 am

MisterQ wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:21 am
I've 12 old Daiko (Cobretty and Dreadnought), but I'm always looking for a Daiko Endsville or a Droogs
I just recently sold a DroogC88M-MH 7'-7" Longcast model. Excellent build quality, just wasnt the taper I was after. I have a 7'-1" H Burroughs which is a sweet old rod for sure.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by medicpelle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:58 am

Daiwa 50th reel. They were all over the place and I never bought one, always forgot to pick one up.