Info needed on Tailwalk rods.

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Info needed on Tailwalk rods.

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:20 am

Does anyone have any experience with Tailwalk rods? I am looking at their Taki TZ series for trout. I have inquired on the UL forum but not much response. Just curious as to what kind of build...fit and finish their rods have. Anyone know where they are manufactured? thanks in advance.

Regards

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Info needed on Tailwalk rods.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm

No, but I've eyeballed the Fullrange line numerous times. They don't have anything terribly expensive, which makes me think they make rods for the Jdm budget anglers. That being said, I wouldn't expect anything superb from their rod blanks, but I'm sure they fish just fine. The build looks quality and clean from what I can tell.

otulp
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by otulp » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 pm

I can't speak to the Taki TZ series as I don't own one. I have the Tailwalk Ajist TZ 73 and have mixed feelings about it. My main dislike is the action. It's listed as fast action, but the action is something I would consider moderate. It lacks backbone and the sensitivity, I suspect, is average (definitely the least sensitive of my 3 spinning rods). Having said that, it balances really well, is very light, and is extremely comfortable to use. The build quality on my rod is excellent. Overall it's a good rod and a joy to fish, but has it's pros and cons. I suspect the Taki TZ series would be awesome for trout.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks for the input guys...much appreciated.

Regards

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zalan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:23 am

I have a fullrange CC rod, it is made in china. I handled a lot of their sticks already, they look good, but average at best. They are definitely not high end rods. I mean there is nothing wrong with that, but you should not have very high expectations.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:05 am

I have a Del Sol 7' heavy and it's a great rod. Nice sensitivity, despite it being a 2-pc rod. The build quality is very good. Wraps are clean and neat, epoxy work is good. It's definitely up to JDM standards, much better than the average USDM rod series.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:15 am

I bought a tailwalk fulrange CC MH casting for my air travel trips. Didn't think too much of it when I flexed it at home, but on the water it performed much better than I expected. I also have a light power fullrange CC spinning rod, which is perfectly OK, but a very mid range blank, not a crisp high mod blank.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Tim Kelly wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:15 am
I bought a tailwalk fulrange CC MH casting for my air travel trips. Didn't think too much of it when I flexed it at home, but on the water it performed much better than I expected. I also have a light power fullrange CC spinning rod, which is perfectly OK, but a very mid range blank, not a crisp high mod blank.
Thanks for the info