Curado 100D Is it worth keeping

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Curado 100D Is it worth keeping

Post by nfnband » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Its' been years since I've been on the forum.

I've been upgrading gear this season. Are the new reels worth the upgrade .. I've been impressed with Diawa spinners are the Tatula casters worth the upgrade?

I'm wondering if i should sell my CuradoD for the new stuff. Its in VeryGood-Excellent shape, I have the standard and DSV spools for it and upgraded to the brass gear an pinion years ago.it gets limited use since i mostly fish light stuff with spinners here in NY.

It is an older model and i need to know if its even worth upgrading with a larger swept handle and compatible star if the parts even exist for it.

I'm not nostalgic these get a decent used price, i'll sell it if the new stuff is that much better. Where these the last year curados made in Japan?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Curado 100D Is it worth keeping

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 am

Just about the only thing better would be ergonomics. Nothing that the 100D can't do compared to the new reels. Thats my opinion.
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:37 am

I think that the bantam is a great reel that is exceeds the 100D at least in terms of refinement
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:36 am

If you enjoy fishing the reel, keep it. What you value it at personally is probably going to far exceed its used market value.

That said, I think you’d be hard pressed to compare any new Shimano reel in the $150+ price range to the old D model... and not prefer the new version. I’m not saying it’s going to revolutionize your personal fishing but there’s a lot to like in reel designs now in regards to ergonomics, performance, and options.

My 2 cents anyway.

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:14 am

Allot of options almost too many.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:36 am

The D series is arguably one of the best iterations of the Curado. I'd keep it. I myself am a complete Daiwa junky, yet I still have my Curado 201DPV.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:58 am

I once found a Citica 200D with box and papers in a pawn shop for $50. That thing didn't have a scratch on it. Gave it to my shimano buddy for christmas. I got to use it eventually and liked everything about it. A solid tank of a reel. As a Daiwa guy, kind of reminded me of an OG Zillion.