KALEIDO INSPIRARE TKIC-610H Gunslinger

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

KALEIDO INSPIRARE TKIC-610H Gunslinger

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Anyone have this rod ?
Looking for feedback as my translation skills are sketchy
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: KALEIDO INSPIRARE TKIC-610H Gunslinger

Post by Cranky » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:11 pm

I have the new Rapid Gunner which is similar in concept and it’s my favorite rod. Also have the TKIC Super Stallion to compare to. Great rods, absolutely works of art in my opinion.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Cranky wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:11 pm
I have the new Rapid Gunner which is similar in concept and it’s my favorite rod. Also have the TKIC Super Stallion to compare to. Great rods, absolutely works of art in my opinion.
The TKIC is evergreen correct?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Yep, Super Stallion is the 71MH vs the Gunslinger 610H. Gunslinger is the previous model in their “Blitz rod” lineage and the Rapid Gunner is the newest model and tech of the Blitz rods.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Cranky wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:27 pm
Yep, Super Stallion is the 71MH vs the Gunslinger 610H. Gunslinger is the previous model in their “Blitz rod” lineage and the Rapid Gunner is the newest model and tech of the Blitz rods.

Thanks.. i saw a super stallion on here for sale and talked myself out of it..

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Super Stallion is slightly more moderate in action (mod-fast in USA terms, sort of like a Gloomis Mag-bass taper) with a heavier weight rating and covers a wider range of applications, Gunslinger is faster in action (between true fast and x-fast in USA terms) and regarded as more of a dedicated jig/plastic rod.

I actually like faster action rods in general, the Rapid Gunner is sort of like you took the heavier weight range of the Super Stallion and made it an extra fast action. Best rod I’ve ever fished personally.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:55 pm

I picked up the Gunslinger not too long ago actually (I couldn't resist the name :lol: ) but have only used it a couple of times so far. From my limited time with it, it will make a great close to mid range rod for pitching/skipping which I figured what its intended for. That thing has got some meat to it as well so could potentially be used for frogs in moderate cover. It casts well too with baits 3/8 and up so could be a good moving bait rod for anything with a large single hook.

Caught one fish with it so far (maybe a 2 lber) and it was one of those bites where it was the slight increase in pressure/light slurp and I was able to feel it so the sensitivity is there too in my opinion and it has that nice JDM rod load when a fish is on.

Last thing I will note is that I am still looking for the right reel to pair with it. I tried a Steez A, Met DC and to me, they felt too light on the rod so next I am going to try something heavier, just not sure what yet. Maybe a Tatula SV.

Hope this helps a little!