I hope this past doesn't cross the line

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

I hope this past doesn't cross the line

Post by Johnny A » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:34 pm

The line about asking about where to find tackle. It's really not what this is about. What it is about, is why there don't seem as many Japan based vendors on auction sites these days. There are a lot in Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore. Not a problem except for the slow delivery times. A month+ to receive tackle? Let's get real.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: I hope this past doesn't cross the line

Post by goldrod » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:38 pm

I ordered a reel on Saturday it came today but I wasn’t home to get it. Most of the places I’ve been that I should have been there buying tackle come relatively quick. I’ve gotten parts in three days from Japan. Just my experience.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:05 pm

It used to be that other Asian countries supplied Japanese companies with things such as spools and carbon handles, then we bought them from Japan at a big markup. The Chinese, Malaysian and Korean companies now sell their items directly to us via Aliexpress, Amazon and Ebay at cheaper prices(no middleman markup). I'm fairly certain that this contributed to ZPI's decision to get out of custom parts, because competition was growing from significantly less expensive parts that are still high-quality. The only trade-off is the slow shipping.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:13 pm

This post is relevant to my interests....

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:17 pm

I love Shimreels and their shipping is actually pretty quick on something like a rod. If you just buy like one pack of hooks or something, yeah, it's gonna take some time. Not a month, though, unless it gets hung up in customs or lost or something.
This is the way.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:31 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:17 pm
I love Shimreels and their shipping is actually pretty quick on something like a rod. If you just buy like one pack of hooks or something, yeah, it's gonna take some time. Not a month, though, unless it gets hung up in customs or lost or something.
I was actually referring to lures and line than to rods and reels. I should have clarified that.

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CM_Stewart » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:57 am

It may also be that it is the end of the season and a lot of things are just out of stock. It is not unusual for Japanese tackle manufacturers to have one production run per year. When some product is out of stock it can be out of stock for months - until the next year's production run.
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:04 am

+1 on shimreels 8-)

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 am

CM_Stewart wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:57 am
It may also be that it is the end of the season and a lot of things are just out of stock. It is not unusual for Japanese tackle manufacturers to have one production run per year. When some product is out of stock it can be out of stock for months - until the next year's production run.
That crossed my mind for a bit but it's across the board with some of the manufacturers. I was tracking some baits for up to a year on many websites.