New Megabass Destroyers

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Datbasstho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by Datbasstho » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:15 am

I’m also awaiting the review on the super destroyer.
Looking to grab one for short distance jigs and worms under trees etc.

Thanks guys!

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:10 pm

Chode wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am
jmb27 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:58 am
Rods came yesterday. The usual great customer service from TTT.

Got the Dark Sleeper and Super Destroyer models. Slick rod covers. Rods look fantastic and I was a bit surprised with how "thin" the blanks are near the reel handle. Looking forward to fishing with them a bit in the next few days.
if u can post some pics of the balancing point of both rods, that'd be awesome
File size too large is the error message for one I took with the phone. Not sure how to resize.

Super Destroyer with a Daiwa Type R and Shimano Core, balances on the winding check.

Dark Sleeper balanced at the winding check with a Metanium 20.

I think that I’ll be able to fish a bit tomorrow and see if the rods are as fun to fish as they are to look at.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:40 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 am
Jeep wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 pm
Any info on the Z- Crank Elseil or the Bait Finesse? I'm looking for a 3/8-1/2 cranking stick.
I didn't get to fish the Bait Finesse Hein, but I did fish the Z-Crank Elseil and I will definitely have one of those! Depending on what type of 1/2 oz cranking rod you want, this may be the rod for you. I wouldn't want it for heavy cover square bill fishing, but as a general lighter to mid-sized treble hook moving bait rod, it's fantastic. I threw a Pop Max on it quite a bit and its load characteristics are impressive. I could laser cast that bait back up under overhangs (paired with Steez CT) and the tip walked it beautifully. I threw several other treble moving baits with it and really liked how the rod felt overall.

The others I fished were impressive as well. X-Bites, Dark Sleeper, Tequila Baccarac, ICBM, Landsat, and of course the Z-Crank... I took a few photos to share. The rod sleeves are nice and customized!

Could you please expound on the xbites and tequila but mainly the xbites
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:41 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:10 pm
Chode wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am
jmb27 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:58 am
Rods came yesterday. The usual great customer service from TTT.

Got the Dark Sleeper and Super Destroyer models. Slick rod covers. Rods look fantastic and I was a bit surprised with how "thin" the blanks are near the reel handle. Looking forward to fishing with them a bit in the next few days.
if u can post some pics of the balancing point of both rods, that'd be awesome
File size too large is the error message for one I took with the phone. Not sure how to resize.

Super Destroyer with a Daiwa Type R and Shimano Core, balances on the winding check.

Dark Sleeper balanced at the winding check with a Metanium 20.

I think that I’ll be able to fish a bit tomorrow and see if the rods are as fun to fish as they are to look at.
Out of curiosity
Do you or did you own the previous model SD?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm

No, I haven’t owned a SD model. I almost got one of the 2016 JDM models earlier this year, but decided to wait after seeing that a new Destroyer line would have one.

I like the feel of the carbon handle—reminds me of the Arms Super Leggera series.

I’ll post some more thoughts if it works out to fish this weekend.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:08 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm
No, I haven’t owned a SD model. I almost got one of the 2016 JDM models earlier this year, but decided to wait after seeing that a new Destroyer line would have one.

I like the feel of the carbon handle—reminds me of the Arms Super Leggera series.

I’ll post some more thoughts if it works out to fish this weekend.
Thanks and I hope you catch all the fish

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:36 am

I can't deal with the weird space egg shape of the Steez CT. It's like that one weird Civic the Europeans got. Good for the wallet I guess. And here I was planning on getting a 19 Morethan PE and one of the gold 17 Destroyers. What are the chances of the 17 models going on clearance anytime soon? There is a distinct lack of gold in there new ones.
Attachments
space egg.jpg
space egg.jpg (57.33 KiB) Viewed 8340 times

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:50 pm

LowRange wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:36 am
I can't deal with the weird space egg shape of the Steez CT. It's like that one weird Civic the Europeans got. Good for the wallet I guess. And here I was planning on getting a 19 Morethan PE and one of the gold 17 Destroyers. What are the chances of the 17 models going on clearance anytime soon? There is a distinct lack of gold in there new ones.
That is an awful looking civic. The new ones for the US actually look quite good IMO, same with the accord and camry.

That being said I would much rather get a kia stinger for the price similar to those.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:48 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:40 pm
Could you please expound on the xbites and tequila but mainly the xbites
I haven't had a lot of time with these two, but both are among the first group I took to demo.

I have the X-Bites paired with a Steez CT and have been fishing a mag shakey head with a prototype worm on a 1/2 oz foot ball head in deep water. The rod is fantastic, balances well, is very sensitive, and has delivered a good solid hook set even fishing deep. I felt like a 3/4 oz foot ball jig over works the rod. Some guys may find it works fine for them, but I prefer something with more back bone for that set up.

The Tequila Baccarrac is paired up with a new Zillion HD. I've thrown 1 oz swim bait heads with a good sized swim bait, the almost 2 oz Ledge Hog, and even tossed a 10XD on it just out of curiosity. I've also been throwing the Big Gabot on there and love it as a frog rod. It is a very versatile, very capable rod. I can see using it for pitching large jigs/plastic to heavy cover and even some punching if necessary.

I'm looking forward with more time with these. Megabass has once again done an excellent job with this new series. The reel seat on the casting rod doesn't have the sharp point of the US Destroyer models that was a turn off for so many folks. The trigger is small, but rounded and very comfortable for me.
LowRange wrote:
What are the chances of the 17 models going on clearance anytime soon?
ZERO
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 am

LowRange wrote:
I can't deal with the weird space egg shape of the Steez CT. It's like that one weird Civic the Europeans got.
That is one weird Civic! :shock:
bronzefly wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:48 am
LowRange wrote:
What are the chances of the 17 models going on clearance anytime soon?
ZERO
Ditto :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am

Does the Tequila bring anything to the table over the Wild Bunch? Inquiring minds and scared wallets want to know. :lol:

vishus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vishus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:33 am

FMJ vs SuperDestroyer

I currently fish the FMJ for all of my jig work, how does the SD compare? I am crazy about JIGS, I always have one tied on and it is my favorite way to fish. Would the SD replace my FMJ? would it complement it? I use a Daemos for my Texas Rigs and sometime with 1/4ozjigs. I fish primarily desert ponds and lakes. Rocky bottoms, 5-35' primary target zone. I fish 3/8oz hula grubs to 1oz skirted jig with large beaver style trailers, core is 3/8-1/2oz.

TIA for any input/responses!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:44 am

vishus wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:33 am
FMJ vs SuperDestroyer

I currently fish the FMJ for all of my jig work, how does the SD compare? I am crazy about JIGS, I always have one tied on and it is my favorite way to fish. Would the SD replace my FMJ? would it complement it? I use a Daemos for my Texas Rigs and sometime with 1/4ozjigs. I fish primarily desert ponds and lakes. Rocky bottoms, 5-35' primary target zone. I fish 3/8oz hula grubs to 1oz skirted jig with large beaver style trailers, core is 3/8-1/2oz.

To answer your question
Replace—> No.
Compliment—> Yes

I would highly suggest one thing if I may and your open to dialogue.
One of my biggest blunders ever was getting rods that did the exact same thing as another rod on my rack yet not better but more or less par with a different stick and to wit at a higher cost. You’ll find yourself going down and rabbit hole as every three months or so a new stick will be the it stick in terms of popularity not necessarily performance.

I have the previous generation of SD paired with a IS79 and I was contemplating getting the new one because I had acquired an additional IS79.
But the more I thought about it I decided to wait and see what the new model offered. With all that being said just buy the rod and let us know. 😂
I’m really interested in this stick as it’s a stand out rod

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:25 am

vishus wrote:
FMJ vs SuperDestroyer

I've fished the FMJ a lot. I've fished previous models of the Super Destroyer, including the CH version. The new P5 is noticeably deeper flexing into the blank rather than having a more traditional jig rod action. There's no doubt it will be a fine jig rod, but it has a unique and different feel. I look forward to fishing the P5 later this summer.
CGrinder wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am
Does the Tequila bring anything to the table over the Wild Bunch? Inquiring minds and scared wallets want to know. :lol:
I really like both of these rods... the Tequila Baccarac has more power deeper into the blank and will certainly handle 2 oz+ class baits better than the WB. On the other hand, I've been surprised with how well the Tequila Baccarac handles baits on the lower end of its rating. These P5 blanks are impressive...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:25 am
vishus wrote:
FMJ vs SuperDestroyer

I've fished the FMJ a lot. I've fished previous models of the Super Destroyer, including the CH version. The new P5 is noticeably deeper flexing into the blank rather than having a more traditional jig rod action. There's no doubt it will be a fine jig rod, but it has a unique and different feel. I look forward to fishing the P5 later this summer.
CGrinder wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am
I really like both of these rods... the Tequila Baccarac has more power deeper into the blank and will certainly handle 2 oz+ class baits better than the WB. On the other hand, I've been surprised with how well the Tequila Baccarac handles baits on the lower end of its rating. These P5 blanks are impressive...

Gary,

So the new 2020 SD vs. PREVIOUS MODEL SD

From what I’m understanding based off what you said
The PMSD has a faster action than this current 2020 SD ?
Can you also please describe the the deeper flexing?
Are you staying it’s more of a versatile action rather than a focused technique rod?
Thanks for your time.