New Megabass Destroyers

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by Chode » Tue May 26, 2020 11:17 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 am
Jeep wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 pm
Any info on the Z- Crank Elseil or the Bait Finesse? I'm looking for a 3/8-1/2 cranking stick.

The others I fished were impressive as well. X-Bites, Dark Sleeper, Tequila Baccarac, ICBM, Landsat, and of course the Z-Crank... I took a few photos to share. The rod sleeves are nice and customized!

appreciate all that as usual. do u have any pics of the balancing point since it's so highly touted in their description? asking mainly in regards to x-bites and dark sleeper. also how's the sensitivity thus far?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue May 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Chode wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:17 am
appreciate all that as usual. do u have any pics of the balancing point since it's so highly touted in their description? asking mainly in regards to x-bites and dark sleeper. also how's the sensitivity thus far?
No sir, I didn't take any balance point photos, but I did fish both of those rods for the day. I had a Steez CT on the X-Bites and a Steez SV TW on the Dark Sleeper. I felt like the balance was very good overall without the rods being overly heavy in hand due to excessive butt weight.

I think I was most impressed with how well all the rods loaded, controlled, and casted baits in their respective weight classes. I was launching a Big Gabot on the Tequila Baccarac paired with a new Zillion HD and could easily walk the bait. I managed to catch a good fish way back in some really heavy wood cover and got it out no problem. I fished a weightless wacky worm on the Landsat with an Exist LT 3000CXH and 10# YGK SS112 and could laser that thing into some tight spaces.

X-Bites is very sensitive indeed. Obviously, I want a lot more time with it, but it's excellent. I threw a 3/4 oz FB jig with a trailer and felt like that's pushing the upper limits of what I would want out of a deep water 3/4 oz FB jig rod. It feels like it is in the zone with 3/8 to 1/2 oz stuff and will make an excellent big worm/deep water rod with a 1/4 oz tungsten weight.

Dark Sleeper is going to be a winner. Highly versatile, of course handles the namesake bait well, but will be a popular rod for a wide range of applications.

I'm looking forward to more time with several of these when they show up in mid-June :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed May 27, 2020 10:24 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:28 pm
Chode wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:17 am
No sir, I didn't take any balance point photos, but I did fish both of those rods for the day. I had a Steez CT on the X-Bites and a Steez SV TW on the Dark Sleeper. I felt like the balance was very good overall without the rods being overly heavy in hand due to excessive butt weight.

I think I was most impressed with how well all the rods loaded, controlled, and casted baits in their respective weight classes. I was launching a Big Gabot on the Tequila Baccarac paired with a new Zillion HD and could easily walk the bait. I managed to catch a good fish way back in some really heavy wood cover and got it out no problem. I fished a weightless wacky worm on the Landsat with an Exist LT 3000CXH and 10# YGK SS112 and could laser that thing into some tight spaces.

X-Bites is very sensitive indeed. Obviously, I want a lot more time with it, but it's excellent. I threw a 3/4 oz FB jig with a trailer and felt like that's pushing the upper limits of what I would want out of a deep water 3/4 oz FB jig rod. It feels like it is in the zone with 3/8 to 1/2 oz stuff and will make an excellent big worm/deep water rod with a 1/4 oz tungsten weight.

Dark Sleeper is going to be a winner. Highly versatile, of course handles the namesake bait well, but will be a popular rod for a wide range of applications.

I'm looking forward to more time with several of these when they show up in mid-June :D
how would u compare the x-bites to the ags bottom contact in terms of comfort, action, balance, and sensitivity?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 am

Chode wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:24 pm
how would u compare the x-bites to the ags bottom contact in terms of comfort, action, balance, and sensitivity?
I've spent a lot of time with the Steez AGS Bottom Contact rod, but very little with X-Bites. The first and most apparent difference is the power. The Steez is noticeably more powerful. A 3/4 oz FB jig feels about perfect on the Steez whereas it is really pushing the upper limit on the X-Bites.

In terms of comfort, they both feel good, balance well, and are very sensitive rods. I like the Air Sensor reel seat a lot, and was skeptical about the feel of the new P5 reel seat, but it is nice. The trigger on the P5's and doesn't have the sharp end like on the 2016/Carbon Head/US Destroyer series which is a big improvement.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

rollyourboat
Angler
Angler

Post by rollyourboat » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:05 am

Seems the rods are finally here and some are being sold and shipped. Curious to hear more thoughts on how they perform since its been a little while now, I'm sure everyone is. More importantly other than just other brands, wonder how these compare to the 16/17 destroyers? Hein vs P5 Hein, FMJ vs X Bites (though it's 0.5 powers weaker), etc....

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:09 pm

rollyourboat wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:05 am
Seems the rods are finally here and some are being sold and shipped.
Not yet on the shipping part, at least from the US...

If all goes well, TTT will start shipping toward the end of the week! I'll have a few of them on the water this weekend if so :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:50 am

Gary,

Obviously I got some pokers in the fire that need to get finished up by July but I am optimistically hopefull, tequila of baccarat for sure is on my list of possibilities and I need another 4 ish power Rod which looks like either the Cyclone which is obviously tried and true, but that dark sleeper looks a lot of fun 8-) as usual Gary keep us posted on your thoughts as these are on my radar but out on the Outer Outer Rim as of right now. I really hope they make multi-piece versions of these is what I'm actually banking on :big grin:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:51 am

Cristo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:50 am
Gary,

Obviously I got some pokers in the fire that need to get finished up by July but I am optimistically hopefull, tequila of baccarat for sure is on my list of possibilities and I need another 4 ish power Rod which looks like either the Cyclone which is obviously tried and true, but that dark sleeper looks a lot of fun 8-) as usual Gary keep us posted on your thoughts as these are on my radar but out on the Outer Outer Rim as of right now. I really hope they make multi-piece versions of these is what I'm actually banking on :big grin:
The Dark Sleeper is really fun. I didn't fish the Cyclone but its history of winners in previous models shouldn't change with the P5's. Pre-ordered rods are shipping out of TT today, but supplies are going to be limited and restocks a challenge for some time it appears.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:51 am
Pre-ordered rods are shipping out of TT today,
Awww yeah...

:D

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:58 am

Rods came yesterday. The usual great customer service from TTT.

Got the Dark Sleeper and Super Destroyer models. Slick rod covers. Rods look fantastic and I was a bit surprised with how "thin" the blanks are near the reel handle. Looking forward to fishing with them a bit in the next few days.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 am

jmb27 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:58 am

Got the Dark Sleeper and Super Destroyer models. Slick rod covers. Rods look fantastic and I was a bit surprised with how "thin" the blanks are near the reel handle. Looking forward to fishing with them a bit in the next few days.
Nice, if you have FMJ to compare to super destroyer please do. Maybe not apple to apple, but I am very curious :D

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:52 am

rando wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 am
jmb27 wrote:

Nice, if you have FMJ to compare to super destroyer please do. Maybe not apple to apple, but I am very curious :D
Sorry, I do not have that model MB. Perhaps, bronzefly will chime in and give you and idea...

I do plan on throwing some frogs w/it soon (to skip under some overhang where I fish the most) and then some t-rigged stuff.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:05 am

rando wrote:
jmb27 wrote:

I've currently got an FMJ and have a Super Destroyer arriving shortly, will let you know what I think once I've been able to fish the SD a bit

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am

jmb27 wrote:

if u can post some pics of the balancing point of both rods, that'd be awesome

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:01 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:05 am
rando wrote:
jmb27 wrote:

I've currently got an FMJ and have a Super Destroyer arriving shortly, will let you know what I think once I've been able to fish the SD a bit
Thank you Sir, awaiting your review.