New Megabass Destroyers

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Megabass Destroyers

Post by zodiak311 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:45 pm

I am just completely overwhelmed at the sheer number of options. I'm all about that bait finesse, can any of these match the Super Eiger? :-k I will be waiting in the wings to see...
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:47 am
The Siglett model is intriguing.
X2
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu May 07, 2020 5:24 am

zodiak311 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:45 pm
I am just completely overwhelmed at the sheer number of options. I'm all about that bait finesse, can any of these match the Super Eiger? :-k I will be waiting in the wings to see...
That Bait Finesse (Hein reborn) looks like it will be a winner. It's closest in spec to the X7 Super Eiger, but we'll see how it performs pretty soon. That's one of several that I'll be fishing as soon as they're out.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu May 07, 2020 2:00 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:24 am
That Bait Finesse (Hein reborn) looks like it will be a winner. It's closest in spec to the X7 Super Eiger, but we'll see how it performs pretty soon. That's one of several that I'll be fishing as soon as they're out.
I had almost talked myself into picking up a Carbon Head Hein and now it's back to the drawing board with this new one. I would love to hear how they compare.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat May 09, 2020 11:22 pm

hey gary, have u handled some of these yet? mainly asking about the dark sleeper and x-bites. are they really as balanced, lightweight, and sensitive as they claim? some pics of balancing point would be awesome as well

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat May 09, 2020 11:22 pm

hey gary, have u handled some of these yet? mainly asking about the dark sleeper and x-bites. are they really as balanced, lightweight, and sensitive as they claim? some pics of balancing point would be awesome as well

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm

I like short rods and US market does not really offer much in sub 7’ heavy power department. Super destroyer and killer code look very cool.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Sat May 16, 2020 5:59 am

i'm in a dilemma with these rods i have two sv 103s that i want to get rods for and am gearing towards the destroyer p 5s. im in need of a good dock rod so im thinking the super destroyer would be good for pitching and skipping jigs ? ( have never fished a super destroyer in any og megabass line). and the other rod not sure of. Im wanting to add another frog rod and am torn between the current production wild bunch, or is there a rod geared to handle frogs in the p 5 ?

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat May 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Revofisher wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:59 am
i'm in a dilemma with these rods i have two sv 103s that i want to get rods for and am gearing towards the destroyer p 5s. im in need of a good dock rod so im thinking the super destroyer would be good for pitching and skipping jigs ? ( have never fished a super destroyer in any og megabass line). and the other rod not sure of. Im wanting to add another frog rod and am torn between the current production wild bunch, or is there a rod geared to handle frogs in the p 5 ?
I ordered a Super Destroyer and I plan on skipping jigs/plastics with it as well as fishing frogs in close quarters. Looking forward to trying it out.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue May 19, 2020 8:19 am

Chode wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:22 pm
I'll be fishing several of them later this week and will have something to go on at that point.
Revofisher wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:59 am
The Super Destroyer has traditionally been a close quarters, jig/worm power fishing rod. I expect the new P5 will carry on that tradition and will be a good rod for your applications.

The Wild Bunch is an awesome rod and one of my top picks in the JDM Carbon Head Destroyer series. I have thrown frogs on it and it does a great job, though I use it for a lot of other things more often than frogs. I expect a couple of the rods in the P5 series to handle frogs nicely. The Super Destroyer in previous versions has been a good close quarters frog skipping type rod. The Tequila Baccarac will be a nice heavy cover frog rod I'm sure. I think the Madbull would be an interesting lighter cover frog/toad rod based on the specs as well.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Tue May 19, 2020 12:14 pm

I keep thinking the P5 Super Destroyer and new Zillion 10 would make a bad ass combo, though I'm not letting that happen until I sell some other rods off...

whoots
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by whoots » Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:19 am

The Wild Bunch is an awesome rod and one of my top picks in the JDM Carbon Head Destroyer series. I have thrown frogs on it and it does a great job, though I use it for a lot of other things more often than frogs. I expect a couple of the rods in the P5 series to handle frogs nicely. The Super Destroyer in previous versions has been a good close quarters frog skipping type rod. The Tequila Baccarac will be a nice heavy cover frog rod I'm sure. I think the Madbull would be an interesting lighter cover frog/toad rod based on the specs as well.
Thinking of picking up the One Ten stick since I don't have a jerk bait rod and I've been killing them with jerk baits this year. But maybe pick up an Elseil instead? So many choices :D

Will you have multiple rods available @bronzefly? Or will we need to pre-order in order to get one?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 pm

whoots wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am
Thinking of picking up the One Ten stick since I don't have a jerk bait rod and I've been killing them with jerk baits this year. But maybe pick up an Elseil instead? So many choices :D

Will you have multiple rods available @bronzefly? Or will we need to pre-order in order to get one?
Pre-order is the way to go for most likely fulfillment of the order in the first batch. TT may or may not have extra stock when the first batch arrives.

Both of those will make really nice jerk bait rods. The Z-Crank Elseil is one I'll be fishing this week \:D/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeep » Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 pm
whoots wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am

Pre-order is the way to go for most likely fulfillment of the order in the first batch. TT may or may not have extra stock when the first batch arrives.

Both of those will make really nice jerk bait rods. The Z-Crank Elseil is one I'll be fishing this week \:D/
Any info on the Z- Crank Elseil or the Bait Finesse? I'm looking for a 3/8-1/2 cranking stick.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 am

Jeep wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 pm
Any info on the Z- Crank Elseil or the Bait Finesse? I'm looking for a 3/8-1/2 cranking stick.
I didn't get to fish the Bait Finesse Hein, but I did fish the Z-Crank Elseil and I will definitely have one of those! Depending on what type of 1/2 oz cranking rod you want, this may be the rod for you. I wouldn't want it for heavy cover square bill fishing, but as a general lighter to mid-sized treble hook moving bait rod, it's fantastic. I threw a Pop Max on it quite a bit and its load characteristics are impressive. I could laser cast that bait back up under overhangs (paired with Steez CT) and the tip walked it beautifully. I threw several other treble moving baits with it and really liked how the rod felt overall.

The others I fished were impressive as well. X-Bites, Dark Sleeper, Tequila Baccarac, ICBM, Landsat, and of course the Z-Crank... I took a few photos to share. The rod sleeves are nice and customized!

www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap