Shimano Stephano & Engetsu gears!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shimano Stephano & Engetsu gears!

Post by LuS » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 am

Hi all
Question: does anyone know if Shimano Stephanos (either SS or Aldebaran based model) have brass gears?
Same question for Engetsu?
Bonus question for the true JDM fanatics - are the curado 70 based Engetsu's micro module gears interchangeable with the Stephano SS's gears?
Appreciate any info! Thanks in advance
Luca :)

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Stephano & Engetsu gears!

Post by fishballer06 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:47 am

There are multiple models of the Engetsu. The model I own is basically a Curado 70 on steroids, including brass gears. I'd have to dig out the box to see the exact model number of mine, but that is the model that I would recommend. The other models are Citica based if my memory recalls.

LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LuS » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 am

Thank you!! The curado 70 based models look like great deals too; either with corefit for the stile and Stephano or micromodule for the engetsu. The other models are based on the aldebaran; the only thing that scares me off aldebarans is the aluminum gear (might have a hardened surface but that only extends .004” or so deep). If these reels were brass geared then I’d either get them or just get an aldebaran and drop in their gears...
Luca :)

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:18 am

Conquest BFS brass micro mod gears fit 16 Aldebaran.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=83502