Ray’s studio??

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Ray’s studio??

Post by LuS » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi all

I’m seeing ebay posts for shimano aftermarket spools and parts from a manufacturer call Ray’s Studio; (not Roy’s Lol my bad!) they appear to be in Japan... has anyone heard of them? Used their products? Contacted them?
Opinions sought! Thanks :)
Last edited by LuS on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luca :)

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Roy’s studio??

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Ray's Studio?

LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Roy’s studio??

Post by LuS » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:31 pm

Lol yes I’m sorry - Rays studio. Thank you!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Ray’s studio??

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Yes, a lot of folks are using their parts. Spools primarily. If you conduct a search, you should find plenty of info to keep you busy for a while. Are you looking for anything specific?

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 pm

LuS wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Has anyone heard of them? Used their products? Contacted them?
Hello, Friend!
Of course, we heard about Rays Studio.
Many of these many products are discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67159
I has spool for my Steez and you can read review here: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=80168
If we talking about spools for Shimano's reels, i saw models for Casitas (http://ali.pub/4kkvnf), Scorpion/Curado 70 and Bantam (http://ali.pub/4kkvla).
These spools don't have brake blocks, so you must replace 2 pcs from original one:

LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LuS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:15 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 pm
Yes, a lot of folks are using their parts. Spools primarily. If you conduct a search, you should find plenty of info to keep you busy for a while. Are you looking for anything specific?
Thank you all for the help :)
I’m actually looking for svs infinity brake block carriers/hubs. I found them on eBay from Rays studio via 3rd party sellers but the eBay price is $77 us, more than some of there spools with the brake hub installed! I was hoping to contact them directly to see if there direct price is better than those listings... if anyone knows how to get a hold of them or at least good retailers of their stuff, it would help me a bunch... thank you all :)

LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LuS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Update: found rays studio brake hubs for curado 70s from a vendor on AliExpress. $5/each; beats the $77 they were up for on eBay lol. Still gonna see if I can find them for curado ks and chronarch mgls. Will let you know how they work! (And better yet if I can get shimano OEM versions). Thanks all :)

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:13 pm

LuS wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Update: found rays studio brake hubs for curado 70s from a vendor on AliExpress. $5/each; beats the $77 they were up for on eBay lol. Still gonna see if I can find them for curado ks and chronarch mgls. Will let you know how they work! (And better yet if I can get shimano OEM versions). Thanks all :)
Why not order directly from Shimano? Here's a link to Curado K parts.

https://fishshop.shimano.com/collections/cu200k

LuS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LuS » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:13 pm
LuS wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Why not order directly from Shimano? Here's a link to Curado K parts.

https://fishshop.shimano.com/collections/cu200k
Wish it was possible. On the link you sent, the brake hub/carrier is not sold separately by shimano - if you want one, you have to buy a whole spool assembly, and then extract it from that assembly intact. Have asked some parts dealers to look into it, however, as they may have channels to parts we don’t. Will keep you posted on response!