Tackle Loss Support Group

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tackle Loss Support Group

Post by Revofisher » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm

nothing super exotic or high end but i fished a tx last april with a buddy and being the non boat owner for this one i brought 6 rods most spinning because of the smallmouth we were targeting. Anyway it was a 150 boat field and it was pretty rough running to our spot i had my rods strapped down with reel covers and rod sleeves on them one of which was reel near the console tip facing up which is a huge no no just didn't pay it any mind. when we got to our first spot i only counted five rods on my side and my stomach sank it had blew overboard ](*,) . the rod was a 7' ml st croix legend elite new model and a sustain 2500 new model. i really loved that thing for ned rigs and was butt hurt the whole day over that still have not replaced that one.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:51 pm

My two stories are from when I got into fishing years ago. This was high end gear for me.

Sitting down in my chair, just got my camo dobyns coalition rod. Mount my reel, stringing it up and lob 6 inches off the tip in the ceiling fan, lol. Never got to fish it. Did the $60 no questions asked warranty on that one.

Second one, another dobyns rod, lol. Out fishing a quarry with my buddy in a little 8ft pond hopper. We’re on 30ft crystal clear water and my buddy leans back to cast and his crankbait catches one of my rod guides. Pulled the rod out of my hands and I see my champion 683/stradic ci4 sinking. He ties a lipless crank on and actually snagged the combo back, was a miracle, lol.

I’ve had a few close calls recently, never lean rods on your car or where your dogs/cats can bump it over.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:12 am

Wanted to move my Shimano Cumulus to my office for safe keeping as it wasn't being used. Coming in from the garage, swinging around the corner, the tip found it's way into the air duct. As the rod loaded up it was slow motion as the top 6 inches shattered off.

I was so mad as I was only moving it to be "safe" inside on the rod rack.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:16 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:12 am
Wanted to move my Shimano Cumulus to my office for safe keeping as it wasn't being used. Coming in from the garage, swinging around the corner, the tip found it's way into the air duct. As the rod loaded up it was slow motion as the top 6 inches shattered off.

I was so mad as I was only moving it to be "safe" inside on the rod rack.
Oh no! Which model?

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:21 am

There's a lake I fish regularly with 2 of my combos on the bottom ... one was a Falcon Cara with one of the last NIB Daiwa Sols on it, second was an ultralight spinning rig ... can't recall the rod, the reel was a Pflueger Supreme. Both stung, especially the Cara/Sol rig.

Both of them stung without a doubt. I just put it in my mind that the Fishing Gods demand sacrifice every now and then.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:43 am

Not my own story or loss, but I watched this new TB video yesterday: https://www.tacticalbassin.com/blog/tim ... shing-fail
Tim loses four combos and a bunch of GoPro equipment when his kayak flips. Ouch!

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Thats why its best IMO to have some rods just for bank fishing.

noc10
Angler
Angler

Post by noc10 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:18 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:51 am
Tell us about the spool :lol:
Now that's funny.
"I have no worries, I'm just a ghost driving a meat puppet"