Question about the Efreet

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Question about the Efreet

Post by Chode » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:16 pm

Specifically the 7'MH. Just wondering how this rod's sensitivity stack up against some of the best out there like Oltre, Ultima, Racing Design, NRX, K2, etc.

kyty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Question about the Efreet

Post by kyty » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:41 am

I just bought one that I haven't fished yet and would like to know too. I've got all the other top brands.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:31 am

I was looking hard at these sticks a couple of months ago, and was doing some searching on here. Came across a thread where aquafun45 picked one up. I will say the same search pulled up a thread in the swap and sell where he sold the efreet a couple months later. Maybe he'll stop by...

http://tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?t=79075

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:05 am

Well..the sale of the Efreet never went through and I am really glad it didn't. I've come to love that rod. Before the attemted sale, I really never got a chance to put the rod through it's paces. I had the Red Galaxy on it and just couldn't bring myself to use that reel often as it was just too pretty. I ended up selling the Red Galaxy :crying: and have since moved to big(ger) bass country.
You might have read my initial impression of the Efreet compared to the Oltre in terms of sensitivity, both are extremely sensitive, but in different ways. The Oltre, with it's titanium tip, the Efreet with it's Torayca 1100G. If you have looked into the Efreet, you might know that it uses a % of glass composite, this isn't your grannies (or abuela, or big-momma's) glass composite, and it's not a glass tip. The glass is intermingled throughout the blank to create a multi-dimension/multi-stage rod. You wouldn't know it until the rod is under load, either casting or fighting a fish.
I've often asked myself the question "if I had to own one series of rods what would it be?" The Efreet line-up would rank at or near the top.
So, how does it compare? I'll leave that to all the "in my hands" pundints. But, I will leave you with a mad fresh pic.
rsz_efreet_y (1).jpg
rsz_efreet_y (1).jpg (73.97 KiB) Viewed 5267 times

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:05 am
Well..the sale of the Efreet never went through and I am really glad it didn't. I've come to love that rod. Before the attemted sale, I really never got a chance to put the rod through it's paces. I had the Red Galaxy on it and just couldn't bring myself to use that reel often as it was just too pretty. I ended up selling the Red Galaxy :crying: and have since moved to big(ger) bass country.
You might have read my initial impression of the Efreet compared to the Oltre in terms of sensitivity, both are extremely sensitive, but in different ways. The Oltre, with it's titanium tip, the Efreet with it's Torayca 1100G. If you have looked into the Efreet, you might know that it uses a % of glass composite, this isn't your grannies (or abuela, or big-momma's) glass composite, and it's not a glass tip. The glass is intermingled throughout the blank to create a multi-dimension/multi-stage rod. You wouldn't know it until the rod is under load, either casting or fighting a fish.
I've often asked myself the question "if I had to own one series of rods what would it be?" The Efreet line-up would rank at or near the top.
So, how does it compare? I'll leave that to all the "in my hands" pundints. But, I will leave you with a mad fresh pic.
rsz_efreet_y (1).jpg
Appreciate all that. Now uve made it really difficult for me. So between the efreet, 2020 ultima, and racing design in similar specs, which two would u choose? Will be mainly throwing light jigs, trigs, shakey etc

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:04 pm

I think your splitting hairs, your not going to miss a bite on any of them. I would say that on paper the RD should be the most sensitive, the new Ultima has the coolest handle and probobly gives the RD a run for the money, the Efreet is the bargin of the bunch while still treading water with the best. Were leaving out Designo, Olympic, EG...Oh, and those other rods you metioned that I never heard of... :lol:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:04 pm
I think your splitting hairs, your not going to miss a bite on any of them. I would say that on paper the RD should be the most sensitive, the new Ultima has the coolest handle and probobly gives the RD a run for the money, the Efreet is the bargin of the bunch while still treading water with the best. Were leaving out Designo, Olympic, EG...Oh, and those other rods you metioned that I never heard of... :lol:
For my intended applications, what rods would u recommend from EG, Designo, Olympic, etc? Looking fir the best of the best. Also where's the best place to get this stuff haha.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:36 am

does anybody know the balancing point or have pictures with a reel mounted on? asking specifically for the 7'MH and 7'H casting models

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:17 am

Chode wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:36 am
does anybody know the balancing point or have pictures with a reel mounted on? asking specifically for the 7'MH and 7'H casting models
7ft. MH >6oz reel
Ive used it with my Ant AR and the balance is under the nose of the reel. It's a well balanced rod.
JDG.jpg
JDG.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
and for the heck of it..
for the win.jpg
for the win.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 4974 times

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 pm

that balance is fantastic. much appreciated