Help with Evergreen designations

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Help with Evergreen designations

Post by hungry_cow » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:12 am

I need some help with Evergreen designations. I know the Heracles rods are the serious considered 2nd in quality behind the Kaleido Inspirare Series. But some Kaleido rods also say Designo, and I just god a Designo Leben that doesn't say Kaleido. So if possible please help me in clarifying the Evergreen terms listed below! We need an evergreen clarification thread kind of like the one Megabass one on here.

Kaleido
Inspirare
Designo
Leben

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Help with Evergreen designations

Post by Tigerbass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 am

I was thinking the same thing the other day about an “Evergreen guide for dummies” thread pinned at the top like the old MB thread.

I’m no expert, but I believe there was a short time a while back where Designo supplied some blanks for certain EG rods, hence the “Designo” designation on some rods (Stingray for example). I believe Designo also supplied blanks for some other manufacturers for a while as well.

I started following EG when the Temijun Combat Stick line was out, and purchased a Stallion.

Later the Kaleido line came out (this is when the Designo label appeared on a few models)

Next was the Inspirare line. I do not know the differences between the regular Kaleido and the Inspirare, but I assume different blanks.

Then there are the RS and GT lines of Inspirare, which again I’m not sure the differences between them and the basic Inspirare line, but they are more expensive so I assume blank and/or component differences.

As you mentioned, the Heracles line falls under the Kaleido/Inspirare lines.

I don’t think Leben ever appeared on an EG rod as that appears to be an actual line of rods produced by Designo.

I’m sure RISE and some others will come along with better explications.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 am

Yes we do need an "Evergreen guide for dumies" thread! Especially since its harder to just find online like Megabass stuff.

So Designo is produced certain lines of blanks for Evergreen kind of like Olympic does now? My Stingray says Designo so I guess that means Designo produced that particular blank.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:01 pm

hungry_cow wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 am
Yes we do need an "Evergreen guide for dumies" thread! Especially since its harder to just find online like Megabass stuff.

So Designo is produced certain lines of blanks for Evergreen kind of like Olympic does now? My Stingray says Designo so I guess that means Designo produced that particular blank.
This is correct. Although I defer to Rise and Dom in terms of experience, if it’s an Evergreen rod marked Designo, that indicates source of the blank. Evergreen built rod with blank made by Designo. If the rod states Built by Designo or Built by Kumeya with Designo on it also, then those are all in house Designo rods/blanks of different lines. Built by Kumeya rods are typically earlier models usually and also suggest that the original buyer put in a semi-order and it was built for them based on that order. I guess Kumeya himself might have had a hand in the building given that designation. Built by Designo are usually later models that were built in small batches. Various Built by Designo rods can then be tuned by Kumeya, depending on whether it was a specially tuned (usually higher end) model. At least this is my cursory understanding.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:01 pm
hungry_cow wrote:

This is correct. Although I defer to Rise and Dom in terms of experience, if it’s an Evergreen rod marked Designo, that indicates source of the blank. Evergreen built rod with blank made by Designo. If the rod states Built by Designo or Built by Kumeya with Designo on it also, then those are all in house Designo rods/blanks of different lines. Built by Kumeya rods are typically earlier models usually and also suggest that the original buyer put in a semi-order and it was built for them based on that order. I guess Kumeya himself might have had a hand in the building given that designation. Built by Designo are usually later models that were built in small batches. Various Built by Designo rods can then be tuned by Kumeya, depending on whether it was a specially tuned (usually higher end) model. At least this is my cursory understanding.
Thanks for that input. I’ve been looking into the Designo rods the past few weeks and am struggling to put the info together on the different rods: built by Kumeya, tuned by...., Torque Tune, Racing, etc.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Tigerbass wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:14 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
hungry_cow wrote:

Thanks for that input. I’ve been looking into the Designo rods the past few weeks and am struggling to put the info together on the different rods: built by Kumeya, tuned by...., Torque Tune, Racing, etc.

The torque tunes are Built by Designo and Tuned by Kumeya as the designation referring to the specific action those models were tuned for. The Racing models were also a specific series of higher end rods from Designo. They have a kind of defunct website that’s been up forever that has advertised a new website coming soon for ages now. I’m not holding my breath, because it’s been nonfunctional for a long while. In any case, you can glean a little info from this site.

Site here: http://www.rodcustom.jp/

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:44 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:35 pm
Good luck...

http://godvalley-designo.jp/shopbrand/c ... LuT2npf9CM
Huh; you just cleared up a lot of things...

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Evergreen doesn't build their own blanks. Designo used to build them for Evergreen before Olympic. There might even be another company who built them between, or before Designo and Olympic for all I know. Designo is still building blanks for their own lines such as the Leben, Vantage, and Leggera. They also build rods for other companies like Imakatsu. Olympic builds their own blanks for their models like the Vigore, Veloce RV, and others. They are also currently building blanks for Evergreen as you already know.

Evergreen has been around the JDM fishing world for 30 years or more now and has had many different models with many designations. Too many for me to keep track of and list because truthfully I don't even know them all. Currently there are 9 different lines of rods on the market including two series of kaliedo Inspirare with 4 different models of each type of rod. For example Super Stallion Black, Tournament, GT, GT2RS. My best suggestion for anyone looking to get familiar with their rods is to look on Evergreen Intl.'s website which is translated to english here: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search

Designo's website is being rebuilt right now from what I've seen, and also from what RISE mentioned in a different thread. When the website is up it should clear up most of our confusion and what series is what in their hierarchy.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Sorry my link doesn't take you to the rods. If you highlight the product tab and select the characters on the left that pop up it will take you to the bass rods.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:09 pm
Tigerbass wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:14 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
hungry_cow wrote:

The torque tunes are Built by Designo and Tuned by Kumeya as the designation referring to the specific action those models were tuned for. The Racing models were also a specific series of higher end rods from Designo. They have a kind of defunct website that’s been up forever that has advertised a new website coming soon for ages now. I’m not holding my breath, because it’s been nonfunctional for a long while. In any case, you can glean a little info from this site.

Site here: http://www.rodcustom.jp/
I hope this web site does come soon. I saw custom parts, and my heart skipped a beat :shock: