New finesse reel

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

New finesse reel

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri May 01, 2020 11:54 pm

Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere on the forum. Japan Tackle has the new Alphas Air TW up for pre order. Seems to share spool type with the Steez. Would assume a couple of tweaks on the Steez tho.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New finesse reel

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat May 02, 2020 5:36 am

The Alphas AIR TW shares the same spool size as the Steez AIR TW. I am not certain on spool differences. Both spools are made by KTF.

Steez is lighter by about an ounce. The brake magnets do look different. I would assume the reels may cast slightly different.

My experience with the Steez AIR is good. It can cast 1gr decently well. I would say it can get really fast casting with lower brake settings. The Alphas should ge similar castng. The Alphas AIR TW seems like the better value, as it costs about $230 less than the Steez (retail).

If you are getting the Alphas AIR TW, perordering from Japan Tackle would probably be your safest bet. Ensures you get one. I havent seen it up on any other site yet.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New finesse reel

Post by Pastrmka » Sat May 02, 2020 7:40 am

Asian fishing portal has it listed for sale at $278 but none in stock