It’s a sickness

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

It’s a sickness

Post by Jnkoepp » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Just adding a purple line guide screw to finish off a Zillion 100p. (Who am I kidding? An ip68 line guide is next mod!)

This has got to be the smoothest reel I’ve ever had in my hands

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: It’s a sickness

Post by Cristo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 pm

I will be honest I was expecting....

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Although I’ve learned that a good portion are made based on pre-order, I’d throw out Designo. I’ve been massively impressed with their rods and they were a pain to source. Another maker I’d suggest is Zenaq. I have yet to try one, which will be remedied, but all I’ve read about Zenaq has been exceptionally positive. With only one US supplier, which I understand happened only recently, these seem to still require some will to get across the pond.

Hmm—must of messed up—-this was meant to go in the “what should I get“ thread
Last edited by Polkfish1 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:23 pm

Sorry to disappoint. This is actually my least expensive reel but there’s just something about it to me.

Will some pics of tricked out Namikis, itos, is79, jdream, morethan, or ip79 be better?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Jnkoepp wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:23 pm
Sorry to disappoint. This is actually my least expensive reel but there’s just something about it to me.

Will some pics of tricked out Namikis, itos, is79, jdream, morethan, or ip79 be better?
Hey Jared, nice reel, and I'll agree, the Zillion 100P is among the smoothest reels I've ever used. The teeth on that 100P main gear are massive, which makes me wonder what this micomodule gearing is all about. :-k Btw, did you ever get that Morethan TW? 8-[
Also, there's a thread all about Daiwas in Show & Tell. You should post some pics of those others, too.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Nice reel man

So often they come up in tough shape cosmetically.
That one you have looks amazing
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:45 am

Great cranking reel.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Jnkoepp wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:00 pm
Just adding a purple line guide screw to finish off a Zillion 100p. (Who am I kidding? An ip68 line guide is next mod!)

Nice work. I love the TD Zillion. Shame that my only example is a lone IP68. I'll have to change that.

Is that drag star Daiwa purple or HH deep purple? I recently bought a used reel that will arrive form Japan someday. It was too cheap to pass up and has purple parts on it. One of them is what appears to be that exact drag star. It's was $73 after shipping and $58 before. I bought it for the purple parts and to have another go at the T3 platform and Magforce 3D but mostly for the purple parts.
Attachments
IMG_0229.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 6114 times

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:15 pm

LowRange wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:28 pm
Jnkoepp wrote:

Nice work. I love the TD Zillion. Shame that my only example is a lone IP68. I'll have to change that.

Is that drag star Daiwa purple or HH deep purple? I recently bought a used reel that will arrive form Japan someday. It was too cheap to pass up and has purple parts on it. One of them is what appears to be that exact drag star. It's was $73 after shipping and $58 before. I bought it for the purple parts and to have another go at the T3 platform and Magforce 3D but mostly for the purple parts.
The MX is the best of the T3 series, outside the MB variants. I sort of miss the one I had.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:45 am

LowRange wrote:
Jnkoepp wrote:

It’s an RCS deep purple

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:15 pm
LowRange wrote:
Jnkoepp wrote:

The MX is the best of the T3 series, outside the MB variants. I sort of miss the one I had.
Isn't it just a JDM Ballistic? The spool looks like a Ballistic spool.
Last edited by LowRange on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:23 am

No, that's an MX model. That spool is what makes it the best of the best. It's a great spool and it also works excellent a TDZ. The reel really is an excellent distance caster, with great control, as well. I sold mine and it was still very smooth, but I had heard that they got geary over time. I wish I had kept it.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 am

Interesting. It looks visually identical to my Balistic spool. I'll have to compare the two whe ever I get the reel.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:18 am

Jnkoepp wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:45 am
LowRange wrote:
Jnkoepp wrote:

It’s an RCS deep purple
I don't know what that means. Is that the Daiwa purple we see on most Daiwa purple parts?

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 am

Sorry. I misspoke. SLP... so yes, Daiwa. Not sure they’re stock on any reel though