Megabass Destroyer OneTen

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer OneTen

Post by froteur » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:29 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:42 am
froteur wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 am

I was also hoping to see if anyone could post up their thoughts on the P5 OneTen. 😬

I haven’t used mine yet. Just received it yesterday.

What size whopper plopper were you fishing?

Thanks.
Thanks for the info

I fished w/the size 90. Also, the rod worked well with crankbaits in the 3/8 oz. range.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:02 am

jmb27 wrote:
froteur wrote:

I was also hoping to see if anyone could post up their thoughts on the P5 OneTen. 😬

Thanks.
I fished w/the size 90. Also, the rod worked well with crankbaits in the 3/8 oz. range.
Thanks

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Was able to fish my new to me Destroyer OneTen today.

Caught a fish on the first cast. Good sign for things to come.

Loved the action! No other fish but I probably only fished it for another five minutes. Not a jerkbait type of day.

Looking to fishing it more —- for years to come

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 pm

jmb27 wrote:
froteur wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm

I finally fished my new to meOneTen the other day. Nailed a fish I think the very first cast! Nor more after that though because I barely fished the rod after that as it wasn’t really a jerkbait day. In any case, love the action and the power of the rod.

Would love to hear comparisons of this rod to the P5 version.

-Perry-

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:32 am

froteur wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm
The P5 is a completely different animal than US Destroyer. It's much shorter and has a significantly slower action, but it loads and casts incredibly well and achieves excellent distance paired with both a Steez CT and a Steez SV TW. It's an ideal top water popper, smaller walking bait type rod as well. It handles a range of small to mid sized treble baits in general, and target casting with something like a Z1/Z2 is a blast. The length and action makes working the 110 very easy and I personally prefer the P5 to the US Destroyer model for its namesake lure.

The US Destroyer is a fantastic rod too, versatile, even enough so to handle lighter single hook applications. I've thrown shakey heads, light Texas rigs, even some lighter spinner bait and vibrating jigs, even light swim jigs. Enjoy the new rod!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:32 am
froteur wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm
The P5 is a completely different animal than US Destroyer. It's much shorter and has a significantly slower action, but it loads and casts incredibly well and achieves excellent distance paired with both a Steez CT and a Steez SV TW. It's an ideal top water popper, smaller walking bait type rod as well. It handles a range of small to mid sized treble baits in general, and target casting with something like a Z1/Z2 is a blast. The length and action makes working the 110 very easy and I personally prefer the P5 to the US Destroyer model for its namesake lure.

The US Destroyer is a fantastic rod too, versatile, even enough so to handle lighter single hook applications. I've thrown shakey heads, light Texas rigs, even some lighter spinner bait and vibrating jigs, even light swim jigs. Enjoy the new rod!
Thanks for the input, Gary!!