Daiwa racing designe .

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Gregbassoholic
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa racing designe .

Post by Gregbassoholic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 am

So thinking about first rd . Which will be the best option for 1/2oz jigs ? Also I am open about reel recommend . Thank you guys .

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa racing designe .

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:24 am

I have the Hustler Technical Tune - 701MH/HFB. It is absolutely amazing with a 1/2 oz jig.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa racing designe .

Post by domthewon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 pm

For me... it depends on the conditions you fish and style. I’m 95% of the time fishing in current with lots of junk around, rip rap, logs, hyacinth close by, grass, weeds,trees, tulles, and anything else you can think of. I also prefer to fish heavier powered rods for jigs. In those conditions I pick up the 7011H Jigga stick of my RD rods. It has a slower taper than the Hustlers, a powerful backbone, and an excellent tip. I need it to control the fish and get them away from all that stuff to land them, and this rod allows me to do that the best in those conditions.

This weekend I’m fishing a reservoir type big lake where none of those factors really come into much play. It’s deeper more open water with rock piles, some grass, trees, but not too much compared to my normal conditions. In this situation I’m bringing my 701 mh/h Hustler Tech Tune. In my opinion the power and taper are similar to my 894 NRX just shorter, better balanced, and lighter weight. I don’t own an 854 so I can’t compare it to the model with a more similar length unfortunately. It has plenty of power and is super versatile which will come in handy because I’ll be on a friend’s boat, and am only bringing 5 rods. It does and will have a jig rigged all day ready to go.

I almost exclusively use my 701mh/h ST Hustler finesse tune for Texas rigs, although it works great for weightless senkos, heavier weighted drop shots, and shakeyheads. I’ve never caught a fish with a jig on it yet, but if you like really fast rods in similar more open water, or less cover conditions I’m sure it would work fine. I throw a lot of 1/2 oz tungsten plus plastic on it.

To sum it up. Of the three rods the Jigga Stick is the slowest taper, but has the most power. The Hustlers have near identical power except the finesse tune has the solid tip design which is a faster tip. The Tech Tune is the most versatile. All three are excellent and I always bring at least one of my five Racing Design rods with me. Hopefully this helps.