Evergreen Black Raven Extreme

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Evergreen Black Raven Extreme

Post by _diggy_ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Chode wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 pm
_diggy_ wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:17 pm
Chode wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:57 pm
_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 am
Vid today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKuLZyVdjs
rod looks so sick. thx for the link
Another one for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFKyCgBAvU
What to do what to doooo.....

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:09 am

The Future is here!
Never have i ever had an Evergreen Rod that felt this well balanced, this is just crazy. You hardly notice the rod in your hand. Will keep you updated guys! Have to go fishing now...
Attachments
Black Raven Extreme RS.JPG
Black Raven Extreme RS.JPG (46.87 KiB) Viewed 5666 times
Instagram: @fish.in.black

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 am

fishinblack wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:09 am
The Future is here!
Never have i ever had an Evergreen Rod that felt this well balanced, this is just crazy. You hardly notice the rod in your hand. Will keep you updated guys! Have to go fishing now...
Awesome come up. I can’t wait to get mine.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:40 am

domthewon wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 am
fishinblack wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:09 am
The Future is here!
Awesome come up. I can’t wait to get mine.
oh my goodness....

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:39 am

the first fishes were caught, let me tell you one thing: this rod is special!

The sensitivity of this rod is mind blowing. With the last review video of Katsutaka Imae in mind, I started testing with a small 1/8 oz Keitech Guard Spin Rubberjig and a Keitech 3" Hog impact trailer. Even though it's the lower limit of the rod, the performance was incredible. You could clearly feel and detect the different ground structures, weeds and stones. The first fish strikes triggerd a lot of adrenalin.
3/8 oz + 3" Trailer is were the rod really shines. Over the last 12 years, I've tested almost 25 rods from Evergreen, but this one really stands out. The blank is incredible crisp and quick recovering. It has a fast / ex. fast taper with a sensitive tip and a lot of backbone. MH rating seems about right, I would not hesitate using it for heavy cover BFS.
If you need more information: feel free to ask or text me.
You can also follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/fish.in.black/

Here are also some pictures. The last one shows the tip setting/sizes of the guides for the IRSC-66MHF-TG40X Black Raven Extreme on the left and the Inspirare TKIC-67MHST-F Raven SS on the right.
Attachments
Raven Extreme .JPG
Raven Extreme .JPG (72.34 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Raven Extreme Detail.JPG
Raven Extreme Detail.JPG (60.34 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Taper.JPG
Taper.JPG (52.18 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Guides Detail (left Raven Extreme, right Raven SS).JPG
Guides Detail (left Raven Extreme, right Raven SS).JPG (47.98 KiB) Viewed 5615 times

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:49 pm

fishinblack wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:39 am

The sensitivity of this rod is mind blowing. With the last review video of Katsutaka Imae in mind, I started testing with a small 1/8 oz Keitech Guard Spin Rubberjig and a Keitech 3" Hog impact trailer. Even though it's the lower limit of the rod, the performance was incredible. You could clearly feel and detect the different ground structures, weeds and stones. The first fish strikes triggerd a lot of adrenalin.
3/8 oz + 3" Trailer is were the rod really shines. Over the last 12 years, I've tested almost 25 rods from Evergreen, but this one really stands out. The blank is incredible crisp and quick recovering. It has a fast / ex. fast taper with a sensitive tip and a lot of backbone. MH rating seems about right, I would not hesitate using it for heavy cover BFS.

Here are also some pictures. The last one shows the tip setting/sizes of the guides for the IRSC-66MHF-TG40X Black Raven Extreme on the left and the Inspirare TKIC-67MHST-F Raven SS on the right.
Nice!!! Sounds and looks incredible

Try some tactics from today's video

https://youtu.be/0Ixgy36x-Ak

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:38 pm

fishinblack wrote:

The sensitivity of this rod is mind blowing. With the last in mind, I started testing with a small 1/8 oz Keitech Guard Spin Rubberjig and a Keitech 3" Hog impact trailer. Even though it's the lower limit of the rod, the performance was incredible. You could clearly feel and detect the different ground structures, weeds and stones. The first fish strikes triggerd a lot of adrenalin.
I saw on ur instagram 2 raven extreme rod sleeves. Did u buy two?!?

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Chode wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:38 pm
I saw on ur instagram 2 raven extreme rod sleeves. Did u buy two?!?
Jupp, the second one is for a friend 😉

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:57 am

=D> =D>

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:15 pm

I just got mine in today. They sold out so fast when they came out I couldn’t find one available for a reasonable price til last week thanks to the boys from Singapore. Really looking forward to putting this thing to the test. I can already tell it’s gonna wear fish out with the elasticity and power for such a agile tipped rod. I don’t know if any company has more technology in a single rod than the Black Raven Extreme right now. Like fishinblack said this thing is special.
0BC82083-D447-40B8-ACB5-92445660B715.jpeg
0BC82083-D447-40B8-ACB5-92445660B715.jpeg (118.8 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

Steffen_82
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steffen_82 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:22 pm

fishinblack wrote:

Hey Stefan, I am torn deciding on which Extreme or SS or wild finesse.
I love fishing solid tip rods and currently fish multiple Raid Technix and the black briar. I know you've been fishing EG as one of the first back home, so if you had to decide Extreme, SS or wild finesse which would be your first choice when it comes to sensitivity vs back bone?

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Steffen_82 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:22 pm
fishinblack wrote:

Hey Stefan, I am torn deciding on which Extreme or SS or wild finesse.
I love fishing solid tip rods and currently fish multiple Raid Technix and the black briar. I know you've been fishing EG as one of the first back home, so if you had to decide Extreme, SS or wild finesse which would be your first choice when it comes to sensitivity vs back bone?
Hey Steffen,

First things first, i have tested the Stingray WF several times, but i haven't owned one myself, so i won't compare this rod with the two others. But i can compare the Black Raven Extreme and the Black Raven SS:
Overall it depends on which lureweight you are aiming to. The Raven Extreme can take slightly more lureweight than my Black Raven SS. With the Black Raven SS already being a really sensitive rod, you can hardly imagine that there is a rod which can do better. But the Raven Extreme does! Sensitivity is off the charts.
The Backbone of the rods almost feels identical. The Black Raven Extreme has a quick tip, which almost feels like a solid tip - but more redefined, more sensitiv and more connected with the rest of the rod and your arm. It's not a rod for long distance presentation, but more for short to medium casts where you need to work that lure perfectly on the spot.

Feel free to ask me if you have further questions,

kind regards,
Stefan

Steffen_82
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steffen_82 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:22 am

thx for your time and effort Stefan. I will probably hit you up again on FB or insta.

Did you import the rod yourself or did you grab one of Kay's shipment?

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 pm

I am seriously contemplating getting this rod. I am so confused on how to get it. Every Japan fishing site shows no stock. Is this impossible to get now? Did I miss out? Does anyone in the US get these in? Lots of questions but this is my first ultra high end rod purchase.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:35 pm

Uknowme wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 pm
I am seriously contemplating getting this rod. I am so confused on how to get it. Every Japan fishing site shows no stock. Is this impossible to get now? Did I miss out? Does anyone in the US get these in? Lots of questions but this is my first ultra high end rod purchase.
Evergreen seems to have small batches and not mass produce them. They will come back in stock eventually though. Sick rod for sure. You can always try and contact jdmtackleheaven and see if they can snipe me for you. No shops here stock Evergreen rods from my experience.