Megabass Triza GRILS

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass Triza GRILS

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:04 pm

Anybody own this rod? Thoughts? The series has been out for a while now yet there isn’t much out there in the way of reviews. I feel like the GRILS may be the travel version of the Hein and would suit me nicely. Is this a fair comparison?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Triza GRILS

Post by Cristo » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Without testing it or anything obviously take this with a grain of salt but I would feel like it probably more resemble the Griffon and like style of MB 3 power rods. I really want to pull the trigger on the Thunderbird 8-)

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Westbankcougar » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 am

I have the grils,great rod

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Westbankcougar » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 am

Its versatile, i have used it for small cranks down to 1/8 ounce, and used it for light bottom contact as well. It performed great with all duties i have used it for

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:03 am

Westbankcougar wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 am
Its versatile, i have used it for small cranks down to 1/8 ounce, and used it for light bottom contact as well. It performed great with all duties i have used it for
Will it load and cast 1/8 oz / 5 grams? Where does it top out at, 5/8 oz or less? Reading over the descriptions on these rods, they seem mostly intended for moving baits, mostly treble hook baits. Is this true, or will it perform equally well with with bottom contact and slack line presentations? Would you say the blanks are good, really good, or great?

vishus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vishus » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:48 am

I have the Sparna and it is a great all around F2. I have used down to 1/8oz and it loads well. I haven't fished past 3/8oz on it. It is my "heavy" BFS (finese) rod for plastic jigs/swimbaits/small poppers and cranks. (I have a plethora of UL BFS rods, including my XUL Teton TTC510S).

I got my dad the Grils, I did not fish it myself. He loves it, I'll have to ask him about casting with the 1/8oz lures.

I also have the Stympalides it is a solid F5 rod. Not as sensitive as my F5 Daemos or F6 FMJ, but for a 3-piece jig rod (for me) that travels nicely, its a win.

nice build quality on the TRIZA, clean traditional look. I would say the blanks are really good.

I would talk to Ben at the Hookuptackle.com (call him or msg on facebook), he can give you the skinny on the whole line and he has them in stock as well as the travel bag.

also, if anyone is in AZ and wants to see/try one of my TRIZAs, we can go to the pond by my house and you can give them a good shake and maybe catch a bass... though it is 115 out there today.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone! Still not sure if I'll pull the trigger or not, but I appreciate the info

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:05 pm

vishus wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:48 am
I have the Sparna and it is a great all around F2. I have used down to 1/8oz and it loads well. I haven't fished past 3/8oz on it. It is my "heavy" BFS (finese) rod for plastic jigs/swimbaits/small poppers and cranks. (I have a plethora of UL BFS rods, including my XUL Teton TTC510S).

I got my dad the Grils, I did not fish it myself. He loves it, I'll have to ask him about casting with the 1/8oz lures.

I also have the Stympalides it is a solid F5 rod. Not as sensitive as my F5 Daemos or F6 FMJ, but for a 3-piece jig rod (for me) that travels nicely, its a win.

nice build quality on the TRIZA, clean traditional look. I would say the blanks are really good.

I would talk to Ben at the Hookuptackle.com (call him or msg on facebook), he can give you the skinny on the whole line and he has them in stock as well as the travel bag.

also, if anyone is in AZ and wants to see/try one of my TRIZAs, we can go to the pond by my house and you can give them a good shake and maybe catch a bass... though it is 115 out there today.
Thank you 👍

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:48 am

Will the Grils be enough for 1/2oz jerkbaits like the 110? Mainly worried about it not being stiff enough to launch em and too much flex on a jerk. Want to get a Triza in a Medium power primarily for 1/2oz jerkbaits, but not too sure if the Grils or the F4 Thunderbird is a better option.