JDM tackle shop.

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

JDM tackle shop.

Post by jiggerjake » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:22 am

Anyone have experience ordering from JDM Tackle Heaven? I messaged them on their site and was directed to their FB page.I messaged them there(Thursday) and haven't heard back. I wonder if they are closed or just extremely busy at the moment.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: JDM tackle shop.

Post by evilcatfish » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:41 am

I’ve bought a few rods from them and have had nothing but positive experiences. It sometimes takes him a day or two to respond. They are often willing to negotiate on price, especially if you are looking to buy multiple used rods

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:07 am

Good to know. Thanks.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:50 pm

I’ve bought a number of things from him (Matt i believe is the name he uses), and always has been super positive. He went out of his way to find a couple things for me. When browsing; however, I noticed that he’s not been restocking used rods like he used to. This change kind of coincided with a he whole covid blowup. I’ve wondered if his business was affected. I hope not; he’s been exceptionally reliable.

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:17 pm

I wasn't aware they sold used rods. I went and found them.Thanks for that.
I would like to pick up an EG Heracles Leopard for chatter bait fishing this spring. I really didn't want to pay for a new one.I've got about 7 pages of used and on-sale rods to look through now.Fingers crossed.
I e mailed them directly today so hopefully will be in contact soon.I wonder if they would able to source one through contacts?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:22 pm

jiggerjake wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:17 pm
I wasn't aware they sold used rods. I went and found them.Thanks for that.
I would like to pick up an EG Heracles Leopard for chatter bait fishing this spring. I really didn't want to pay for a new one.I've got about 7 pages of used and on-sale rods to look through now.Fingers crossed.
I e mailed them directly today so hopefully will be in contact soon.I wonder if they would able to source one through contacts?
Matt’s in the business of ‘sniping’ rods. I’ve never asked anyone else to source one for me, so I have no one to compare him to. But, he’s never let me down and I’ve asked about what I considered long shots.