Megabass Triza Travel Rods ( Help me pick 3)

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Huntsman
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Megabass Triza Travel Rods ( Help me pick 3)

Post by Huntsman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Hello all, I'm getting back into fishing and planning on picking up a few of these rods for travel since I no longer have access to a truck, and like the videos/reviews I've seen so far for these rods.
As for background, I grew up using spinning tackle, and have yet to transition to bait caster models, but would like at least one.
These would be mainly land fishing with the occasional boat trip.

TLDR;
If anyone has experience with these models in particular, or would just like to weigh in, I'd appreciate help picking out 2-3 to cover my bases for the following species.

Species:
  • Bluegill/Crappie
  • Rainbow/Brown Trout
  • Tilapia
  • Smallmouth Bass
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Striped Bass
Models : (* not yet available US)
Casting:
  • F0-63XTZ Aello......... Length: 6'3" Action: Slow....... Lure Capa: 1/32 - 3/16oz Line Cap: 2 - 7lb
  • F2-66XTZ Sparna....... Length: 6'6" Action: MF......... Lure Capa: 1/8 - 1/2oz Line Cap: 6 - 12lb
  • F3-67XTZ Grils.......... Length: 6'8" Action: MF......... Lure Capa: 1/4 - 5/8oz Line Cap: 6 - 14lb
  • F4-69XTZ Thunderbird Length: 6'9" Action: Reg........ Lure Capa: 1/4 - 3/4oz Line Cap: 8 - 20lb
  • F5-70XTZ StymPalides Length: 7'0" Action: MF.......... Lure Capa: 3/8 - 1oz Line Cap: 10 - 25lb
  • F7-72XTZ Dragoon*.... Length: 7'2" Action: Reg/Fast tip Lure Capa: 1/2 - 3oz Line Cap: 12 - 30lb
Spinning:
  • F0-68XSTZ Hibali...... Length: 6'8" Action: Fast....... Lure Capa: 1/32 - 1/8oz Line Cap: 2 - 7lb
  • F1-66XSTZ Yamasemi* Length: 6'6" Action: Fast/XF Solid Tip Lure Capa: 1/32 - 1/8oz Line Cap: 3 - 8lb
  • F2-70XSTZ Lopros..... Length: 7'0" Action: MF.......... Lure Capa: 1/32 - 1/4oz Line Cap: 3 - 10lb
  • F3-72XSTZ Ageha*.... Length: 7'2" Action: MF.......... Lure Capa: 1/16 - 1/2oz Line Cap: 3 - 10lb

Models Considering:
Spinning:
  • Hibali
  • Lopros (Saw this one and was impressed)

Casting:
  • StymPalides

Any and all opinions are welcome. I can afford at most 3 for now, and already have a Stradic FL 1000 / Stradic FL 2500 for pairing with any of the spinning rods.

Thanks for your time!

-J

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Triza Travel Rods ( Help me pick 3)

Post by ftl1951 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:43 pm

I have the Megabass F2-70XSTZ Lopros Spinning rod and absolutely love it. It is indeed a lighter action than its medium rating might suggest, but it is a truly remarkable rod. I fish a lot of one-piece and two-piece, and multi-piece rods and honestly, the Japanese know how to engineer and build multi-piece rods with absolutely no reduction in sensitivity whatsoever. The Triza is almost at another level when it comes to travel rods. I can compare it to a couple of other Megabass multi-piece rods (Orochi) and in my opinion, it is a superior fishing experience. The Orochi rods are outstanding, don’t get me wrong, but the Triza really shines. I have several ultralight multi-piece trout rods from the JDM and honestly, they all just perform terrifically. The Triza is also an absolutely beautiful rod as well. I have caught crappie, bluegill, spotted bass and largemouth on my Lopros and it’s just a blast.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:03 pm

I have the Aello, which is great. However, you should probably go with a more tradiotional spread of rods with 2 “light” spinning and 1 “heavy” baitcast (and the Aello is definitely not heavy).

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:05 pm

Start with Lopros and Stympalides and get two nice reels.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:28 pm

As a matter of fact, i just picked up the F5 stympalides. Everything is frozen in here for at least another month, so no experience on the water. For a 7' MH rod, the weight is only 4.5oz, but i wouldn't say that its very well balanced because the butt section is short. Not the highest end 2-4pc rod i've got, but it feels like some premium quality MB rods.

Huntsman
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Huntsman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:30 pm

Appreciate all of the feedback!
Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:03 pm
I have the Aello, which is great. However, you should probably go with a more tradiotional spread of rods with 2 “light” spinning and 1 “heavy” baitcast (and the Aello is definitely not heavy).
The three in the "considering" section are just those I've been able to find reviews/videos of.
Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:05 pm
I have an unopened Stradic Fl 1000 and Stradic FL 2500 I can pair with the spinning rod(s).
I've heard good things about the metanium mgl 150's for bait casters.
ftl1951 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:43 pm
I have the Megabass F2-70XSTZ Lopros Spinning rod and absolutely love it. It is indeed a lighter action than its medium rating might suggest, but it is a truly remarkable rod. I fish a lot of one-piece and two-piece, and multi-piece rods and honestly, the Japanese know how to engineer and build multi-piece rods with absolutely no reduction in sensitivity whatsoever. The Triza is almost at another level when it comes to travel rods. I can compare it to a couple of other Megabass multi-piece rods (Orochi) and in my opinion, it is a superior fishing experience. The Orochi rods are outstanding, don’t get me wrong, but the Triza really shines. I have several ultralight multi-piece trout rods from the JDM and honestly, they all just perform terrifically. The Triza is also an absolutely beautiful rod as well. I have caught crappie, bluegill, spotted bass and largemouth on my Lopros and it’s just a blast.
Thanks for the input! I'm really glad you enjoyed your experience with the rod, as that is the model I am leaning towards for spinning.
SSS wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:28 pm
As a matter of fact, i just picked up the F5 stympalides. Everything is frozen in here for at least another month, so no experience on the water. For a 7' MH rod, the weight is only 4.5oz, but i wouldn't say that its very well balanced because the butt section is short. Not the highest end 2-4pc rod i've got, but it feels like some premium quality MB rods.
Oh really? Sorry to hear it doesn't balance all that well. I figured it would be good to consider as it has the highest lure rating available at the moment. Though I'm not sure what techniques would go best on a Medium Heavy / Medium Fast rod.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:15 pm

I am sure the rod will be perfectly fine, but if you were to use something like the 130-160mm jerkbaits, i don't think your wrist will like it very much.

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Lopros
Attachments
CAB58FFD-A07D-4AF9-A71B-F9CCE9EBB1EF.jpeg
CAB58FFD-A07D-4AF9-A71B-F9CCE9EBB1EF.jpeg (74.81 KiB) Viewed 4764 times

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:55 pm

SSS wrote:
Not the highest end 2-4pc rod i've got, but it feels like some premium quality MB rods.
May I know which is the best travel rod/blank you have tried so far?

I tried a few lately. The best might be the 5pc Poison Glorious, so damn expensive too. The Excense MB is also impressive, more affordable. However it is quite disappointing that the World Shaula Dream Tour Edition just felt.....hmm....ordinary. Not overly light weight, well balanced or sensitive. Almost similar to a ~30,000ish yen Huerco....

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:46 pm

kakaryan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:55 pm
SSS wrote:
Not the highest end 2-4pc rod i've got, but it feels like some premium quality MB rods.
May I know which is the best travel rod/blank you have tried so far?

I tried a few lately. The best might be the 5pc Poison Glorious, so damn expensive too. The Excense MB is also impressive, more affordable. However it is quite disappointing that the World Shaula Dream Tour Edition just felt.....hmm....ordinary. Not overly light weight, well balanced or sensitive. Almost similar to a ~30,000ish yen Huerco....
The best i have is the F4 and the F5 Megabass Heritage. Both in the 2pc model. Haven't tested anything more sensitive.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:13 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:05 pm
Agreed. I have the Stympalides and have been really impressed with the build quality and performance of the rod - considering that it is a 3 piece rod.

I'm looking forward to the new Dragoon. Even though it will be more expensive, it will come with an "extra" tip section to completely change the action of the rod. Hope to see those roll in at TT this summer sometime if all goes well!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:20 pm

Finally was able to use the Stympalides. Amazing rod. I originally thought that they were tip heavy, but on the water, they felt damn great. Water is like 43F, so only cought a few pike, but the flex (on case and on a fish at the end of your line), sensitivity and balance were way better than i even wanted it to be. These sure feel like a 1pc rod while being a 3pc model. Now i am thinking of getting the F4 one as well.