Why is DRT so damn expensive?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Why is DRT so damn expensive?

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:07 am

Perhaps if I spend another $60 on lips... but something in my stomach calls me a sucker for dropping $160 on a single bait chasing the DRT hype dragon.

I had planned to fish it and sell it if I didn't like it. Little did I know it would be so beat up after 20 casts. Anyway you look at it, that is pretty poor for a $80 bait.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:32 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:45 pm
Got a Tiny Klash Hi-Float and I am less than impressed. It has near Zero action without the lip. With the lip, the action is very plain Jane. It doesn't do any of the things the images on the box show. Not to mention the hook rash after 10 minutes was extreme.
I have a hi float I haven't fished yet, but my lo floats work pretty well. You may need to twitch it like a jerkbait to get the action out of it in Mode B. :-k

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:06 pm

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:07 am
Perhaps if I spend another $60 on lips... but something in my stomach calls me a sucker for dropping $160 on a single bait chasing the DRT hype dragon.

I had planned to fish it and sell it if I didn't like it. Little did I know it would be so beat up after 20 casts. Anyway you look at it, that is pretty poor for a $80 bait.
Yeah; that’s definitely a negative. They get so trashed after little use that re-sell would be difficult. I also realized that I have the low float, so you might need to stick some weighted tape on yours to get better action. Also, you can get some pretty cheap knockoffs these days. There’s a guy—combat crankbaits that paints and sells blanks of a bunch of bait designs including the TK. He’s a vet and super legit guy. Also, someone on here pointed me to knockoffs at aliexpress. For the materials and paint that goes into these baits, 80 bucks is highway robbery for sure. I think it’s a cool idea for a bait, but materials wise, there’s not much to it. Don’t know if the knockoffs swim the same way, but they sure do look the same at a fraction of the cost. As a public service announcement— Definitely no one should pay double or triple retail for these on auction sites.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Instead of paying $200 on a lure, y'all should try this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 254ddLEi6N

I got the chartreuse/black, and it runs well, cought at bunch of smallies and pikes. Welllll worth the asking price.