Tackleberry used rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tackleberry used rods

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:35 am

Anyone bought a rod from them or had any recent experience with this used tackle vendor? We don't have any used JDM gear sponsors so we are in the clear to discuss this one.

I've only used them to buy reels with buy smart Japan as the 3rd party. Worked out fine. I went to order a rod and paid for it only to be refunded because it was too long to ship. I later placed two buy orders on two rods using buy smart Japan and haven't gotten an email confirming the request.

Is there another 3rd parts shipper to go through other than the one that is linked to the add listing? Is there some sort of Holliday in Japan right now? Are shipping costs just insane at the moment? I paid $12 to ship a spool the other day. Can they ship two rods in one tube?

I want one of their early Elseils and a green handle TD-S cranking rod.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tackleberry used rods

Post by Tigerbass » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:48 am

All good questions that I can’t answer. Hopefully others will chime in.

On a semi-related note in regard to used JDM rods (not trying to hijack your thread Lowrange…..I was going to ask this question last night, but I think it fits in with your post), does anyone know what’s up with JDM Tackle Heaven? I bought quite a few used rods from them a year or two ago. They used to have a very good selection and seemed to update frequently. I haven’t seen any updated used rods in a long, long time.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:17 am

Tigerbass wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:48 am
All good questions that I can’t answer. Hopefully others will chime in.

On a semi-related note in regard to used JDM rods (not trying to hijack your thread Lowrange…..I was going to ask this question last night, but I think it fits in with your post), does anyone know what’s up with JDM Tackle Heaven? I bought quite a few used rods from them a year or two ago. They used to have a very good selection and seemed to update frequently. I haven’t seen any updated used rods in a long, long time.
I was wondering the same thing. I discovered them late and nabbed one rod for a fantastic price and then everything usee is sold out and there is no new used inventory. Bass.co.jp also dropped their listing for used rods too. Just gone from the site.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:06 pm

I would advise that you try JDMTackleHeaven.com's SNIPE service which costs 25,000 yen and Kazumi and the good folks at JDMTH.com will acquire and ship your rod to you for the usual shipping charge. I used this service in the past for my Evergreen Kaleido Inspirare GTX-C710XHX Grand Stallion and my Sedition SDC-700MG-FTW White Falcon and both transactions were flawless.

For these two rods, the tackle shops that had the items in stock were unable/unwilling to ship to the US, so I had to resort to the SNIPE service, and it turned out great in both instances!

As for the high end JDM used rod market, I'm assuming it's the same as everything else right now, there is very limited supply of new rods so there is a corresponding lack of used rods since very few people are able to upgrade rods at this moment in time.

For instance, I'm currently waiting for a new 2022 Toyota Sequioa to be built and that vehicle is out 7 months due to supplier issues and overall demand, so until the new one arrives from Toyota, I'll continue to drive my 2003 Toyota Sequioa.
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:03 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:06 pm
I would advise that you try JDMTackleHeaven.com's SNIPE service which costs 25,000 yen and Kazumi and the good folks at JDMTH.com will acquire and ship your rod to you for the usual shipping charge. I used this service in the past for my Evergreen Kaleido Inspirare GTX-C710XHX Grand Stallion and my Sedition SDC-700MG-FTW White Falcon and both transactions were flawless.

For these two rods, the tackle shops that had the items in stock were unable/unwilling to ship to the US, so I had to resort to the SNIPE service, and it turned out great in both instances!

As for the high end JDM used rod market, I'm assuming it's the same as everything else right now, there is very limited supply of new rods so there is a corresponding lack of used rods since very few people are able to upgrade rods at this moment in time.

For instance, I'm currently waiting for a new 2022 Toyota Sequioa to be built and that vehicle is out 7 months due to supplier issues and overall demand, so until the new one arrives from Toyota, I'll continue to drive my 2003 Toyota Sequioa.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks

Sean04
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Sean04 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:38 am

I actually just bought a used (S condition w/ tags) Sedition Eternal from Tackleberry through JDM tackle heaven. All in it was about 15,000 yen extra versus buying it from the store straight up, but I wasn’t really sure of the process (much like you are) and if that was even possible. If you want to be certain, I would go with the SNIPE service from JDM tackle heaven.

As a quick aside, PayPal stiffed me on the conversation ratio by about 6 yen/usd, so expect to pay maybe 5%-8% more than the spot price.

If you have anymore questions I would be glad to help.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm

Sean04 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:38 am
I actually just bought a used (S condition w/ tags) Sedition Eternal from Tackleberry through JDM tackle heaven. All in it was about 15,000 yen extra versus buying it from the store straight up, but I wasn’t really sure of the process (much like you are) and if that was even possible. If you want to be certain, I would go with the SNIPE service from JDM tackle heaven.

As a quick aside, PayPal stiffed me on the conversation ratio by about 6 yen/usd, so expect to pay maybe 5%-8% more than the spot price.

Yes, this is my preferred way to deal with any rod purchases from JDM tackle shops that don't have a good "track record" of shipping rods overseas, careful packaging, PVC tube, and good shipment tracking information. I just used the JDM Tackle Heaven SNIPE service for the third time to help purchase my second Sedition SDC-700MG-FTW White Falcon crankbait rod and everything was superb!

For this new Sedition rod, I initiated the SNIPE request on March 8th, Kazumi replied to SNIPE service request the next morning with an estimate of the total cost of the new rod, I authorized the purchase on March 10th and received the new rod this afternoon.

Overall, the whole process took approximately eight days for complete fulfillment! I can't ask for any better service considering how supply constrained the whole world seems at this moment in time!

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:21 pm

LowRange wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:35 am
Anyone bought a rod from them or had any recent experience with this used tackle vendor? We don't have any used JDM gear sponsors so we are in the clear to discuss this one.

I've only used them to buy reels with buy smart Japan as the 3rd party. Worked out fine. I went to order a rod and paid for it only to be refunded because it was too long to ship. I later placed two buy orders on two rods using buy smart Japan and haven't gotten an email confirming the request.

Is there another 3rd parts shipper to go through other than the one that is linked to the add listing? Is there some sort of Holliday in Japan right now? Are shipping costs just insane at the moment? I paid $12 to ship a spool the other day. Can they ship two rods in one tube?

I want one of their early Elseils and a green handle TD-S cranking rod.
Yes,I take a bunch of used rods from them.They doesn't want to put a couple rods in one tube.Usually describe fair,but you need to watch pics ,sometimes broken tip or so...

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:21 pm

Sean04 wrote:

Do you have to find the rod and send the link to JDMTH Snipe, or do they find the rod if you tell them what you want?

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:13 am

Tigerbass wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:21 pm
Sean04 wrote:

Do you have to find the rod and send the link to JDMTH Snipe, or do they find the rod if you tell them what you want?
I just used the SNIPE Service this morning for a new 20 Olympic Vigore 20GVIGC-71H casting rod and a new Luxxe Efreet B74XH-F casting rod (please note: these were two separate SNIPE Service Requests) and the procedure is as follows:

1. Got to the website with the rod you want to use the SNIPE service on and copy the web address from the address box at the top of the web page.

2. Go to the JDMTH web site and select the SNIPE Service from the right-hand side bar

3. In the pop-up window, just fill out the SNIPE Service request and submit your request. Please note that in the message section it's a great idea to re-iterate exactly what rod manufacturer, model, and your overall budget is to include domestic Japanese shipping for JDMTH to acquire your new rod and for international shipping to your door, so always give yourself an extra $100-150 in your budget just in case.

4. You will receive an email with the estimate of all the transaction costs clearly delineated and outlined for you seeking an authorization reply on this email from you to start the entire acquisition process. Please note, this is the time to double check everything and ensure you have the correct model rod etc., as it's usually a done process after this point.

5. Once the rod arrives at JDMTH, they will notify you via email and send you a PayPal invoice. Simply pay the invoice and reply to the notification email so they know you have submitted payment against the invoice.

6. JDMTH will send you shipping and tracking information once payment has been completed

7. You receive the rod and check to ensure everything is good and the transaction is now complete.

All three of my previous SNIPE Service Requests have averaged around 7 business days including all shipping so it's a very fast turn around and a decent way to deal with JDM tackle shops that won't ship rod internationally or rely on a 3rd party expeditor which in my experience is both more expensive on average due to a number of different fees they charge and takes more time for transaction completion. Good luck with your future rod purchase!