Anglo Paragon G4113

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Anglo Paragon G4113

Post by ras » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:17 am

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the abovementioned rod, Anglo&Co Paragon G4113? I'm interested in acquiring one for small stream trout fishing. I'm curious about the apparent lure weight range and the tip performance in minnow twitching. Any other comments from users would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Anglo Paragon G4113

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:25 am

ras wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:17 am
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the abovementioned rod, Anglo&Co Paragon G4113? I'm interested in acquiring one for small stream trout fishing. I'm curious about the apparent lure weight range and the tip performance in minnow twitching. Any other comments from users would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Quite the taste. I assume you watched Saito's videos on the rod. He tends to use "heavier" minnow style lures. Do you plan on using braided line? I am usually a mono type angler for stream fishing minnows. I am going to be trying out a sinking braided like made by VARIVAS. 8x braid with an ester filament to let the line sink. Downfall of braid is it floating and it's limpness can allow the line to drift more than desired in current. I am hoping that VARIVAS Double Cross will do the trick. Seems like it would in theory.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:22 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:25 am
ras wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:17 am
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Quite the taste. I assume you watched Saito's videos on the rod. He tends to use "heavier" minnow style lures. Do you plan on using braided line? I am usually a mono type angler for stream fishing minnows. I am going to be trying out a sinking braided like made by VARIVAS. 8x braid with an ester filament to let the line sink. Downfall of braid is it floating and it's limpness can allow the line to drift more than desired in current. I am hoping that VARIVAS Double Cross will do the trick. Seems like it would in theory.
I've been using the 10# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid line with four braid and four ester filaments for my finesse smallmouth bass techniques for two seasons now and I really like it, so I hope your Varivas sinking braid works out well for your stream fishing requirements.
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:27 am

I don't think I can decide on the line until I try the rod. I've been using braided lines for all of my stream fishing so far. I'm looking to get a spinning version of the Paragon for short presentations in very small streams. Looking to cast the smaller Ito Craft Bowie and WooDream Arbor Flat models and the likes. Thanks.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:43 am

ras wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:27 am
I don't think I can decide on the line until I try the rod. I've been using braided lines for all of my stream fishing so far. I'm looking to get a spinning version of the Paragon for short presentations in very small streams. Looking to cast the smaller Ito Craft Bowie and WooDream Arbor Flat models and the likes. Thanks.

Those lures should be just fine on the G4113.

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:37 am

I‘ve got a Anglo and Company Paragon G411-3 since a few weeks. I‘ve paired it with a fully tuned, blacked out CC BFS. (spool, handle,dragstar, thumbbar, knobs, lineguide, etc.)
Feeling and sensitivity is incredibly good for a glas rod. Casting is so effortless and smooth with the blanks quick loading. You don‘t need a lot of space to get accurate, long casts. Both the Ito Craft Bowie 42S and 50S fit very well with the rods casting lureweight. I enjoy using these baits quite a lot. I wouldn’t recommend using lures heavier than the specified 5g of the rod, because the blank starts to get shacky and feels overloaded. Twitching is very easy once you get used to the fact that 1/4 - 1/3 of the blank is always moving, twitching and working.
I‘m only using braided lines for mountain stream fishing (30-40m, 6-8lbs). Best one for me is the old Varivas Super Trout Advance Bait Finesse PE which i am currently using on my Smith Tactist TT-53 / ABU 2500C setup. Unfortunately this line ran out of production, and i couldn‘t get myself to test the new version yet.
Feel free to ask, if you‘ve more questions ;)

Instagram: @fish.in.black

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:14 am

fishinblack wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:37 am
I‘ve got a Anglo and Company Paragon G411-3 since a few weeks. I‘ve paired it with a fully tuned, blacked out CC BFS. (spool, handle,dragstar, thumbbar, knobs, lineguide, etc.)
Feeling and sensitivity is incredibly good for a glas rod. Casting is so effortless and smooth with the blanks quick loading. You don‘t need a lot of space to get accurate, long casts. Both the Ito Craft Bowie 42S and 50S fit very well with the rods casting lureweight. I enjoy using these baits quite a lot. I wouldn’t recommend using lures heavier than the specified 5g of the rod, because the blank starts to get shacky and feels overloaded. Twitching is very easy once you get used to the fact that 1/4 - 1/3 of the blank is always moving, twitching and working.
I‘m only using braided lines for mountain stream fishing (30-40m, 6-8lbs). Best one for me is the old Varivas Super Trout Advance Bait Finesse PE which i am currently using on my Smith Tactist TT-53 / ABU 2500C setup. Unfortunately this line ran out of production, and i couldn‘t get myself to test the new version yet.
Feel free to ask, if you‘ve more questions ;)

Twitching with glass takes a little getting used to but, not too bad, especially with braid. The short range effortless casting of glass is nice. Hooking up with a fish is butter smooth too. Less fish get off from the current or shaking near the net.

The new VARIVAS Baitfinesse x4 PE has been great for me in 0.6goh.

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:16 am

Thanks for your reply, fishinblack. I don't intend to use anything over 4 g with this rod, but might expand down to Tackle House Twinkle 45 F. How does the cast feel on the light end of lure weights?

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:16 am

ras wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:16 am
Thanks for your reply, fishinblack. I don't intend to use anything over 4 g with this rod, but might expand down to Tackle House Twinkle 45 F. How does the cast feel on the light end of lure weights?
It casts very well, because the blank loads even without a lure. So it doesn‘t matter to much if your lure weighs 1.5g, 2g or 2,5g…as long as your reel is able to cast these light lures.
Instagram: @fish.in.black

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Thanks.

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:34 pm

With Anglo's production on an indefinite hold (per morinoie-brook page), I decided to opt for M-Aire's Masakage Glass, 2022 MG-50LS UD model. A very impressive, light blank, which loads beautifully when casting – seems to be exactly what I've been looking for in a glass stream rod. I am puzzled by the choice of the reel seat hoods, which are all-metal and do scratch the reel. I have the same issue with my Souls Trout Finalist. To me, this is an OK trade-off, given the finely tuned blanks of both rods, but some may find it disappointing, hence my comment...