JDM Shipping Change

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

JDM Shipping Change

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:44 am

Noticed this morning that a JDM ordering site I use changed their "condition" for all reels to say ships in 1 week instead of 3 days. Not sure what this means exactly or why the change happened, just hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: JDM Shipping Change

Post by City17Banner » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:41 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:44 am
Noticed this morning that a JDM ordering site I use changed their "condition" for all reels to say ships in 1 week instead of 3 days. Not sure what this means exactly or why the change happened, just hope this isn't the beginning of the end.
If you are referring to Digitaka, this is a temporary change since next week is the biggest Japanese annual holiday AKA "Golden Week" and the country basically shuts down (except for essential services) until May 9th. Many of the online JDM Retailers will be unavailable until the end of this holiday time period and this happens every year at this juncture in time. On JDMTackleHeaven.com for example, they have a pop-up message that tells you the same thing. I believe the only major online JDM retailer I buy from on a regular basis that operates during Golden Week is Asian Portal.

Overall, there's nothing to be concerned about other than we (USA) get fewer national holidays per year, and we certainly don't shut the entire country down for a week! At best we might have a few instances of three or four day periods of lesser activity over certain holidays. :crying:

Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:35 am

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:41 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
If you are referring to Digitaka, this is a temporary change since next week is the biggest Japanese annual holiday AKA "Golden Week" and the country basically shuts down (except for essential services) until May 9th. Many of the online JDM Retailers will be unavailable until the end of this holiday time period and this happens every year at this juncture in time. On JDMTackleHeaven.com for example, they have a pop-up message that tells you the same thing. I believe the only major online JDM retailer I buy from on a regular basis that operates during Golden Week is Asian Portal.

Overall, there's nothing to be concerned about other than we (USA) get fewer national holidays per year, and we certainly don't shut the entire country down for a week! At best we might have a few instances of three or four day periods of lesser activity over certain holidays. :crying:

Please have a great day!
Thank you so much for the informative answer. I just stay paranoid there will eventually be law prohibiting this. I hope not, I bet 99% of fisherman still buy tackle locally and don't even know about JDM purchasing...

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:59 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:35 am
City17Banner wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:41 am
DirtyD64 wrote:

Please have a great day!
Thank you so much for the informative answer. I just stay paranoid there will eventually be law prohibiting this. I hope not, I bet 99% of fisherman still buy tackle locally and don't even know about JDM purchasing...
You are most welcome sir!

Considering that Japan has enjoyed "Most Favored Nation" status with the US since 1854, I don't think there's much chance of any overly regressive importation laws being enacted under any trade scenario I can imagine. This is compounded by the current strong US dollar which is experiencing a historic 6-year high compared to the Japanese Yen, so this benefits the US as this helps to keep Japanese consumer goods prices lower to purchase and essentially functions as a hedge for our current inflation rate.

Bottom line, this is a great time to buy JDM fishing tackle! As for those folks who are unaware of the cost benefits of buying JDM fishing tackle, that just leaves more JDM gear for me to buy! \:D/

Please have a great day!

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu May 05, 2022 6:36 am

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:59 am

Considering that Japan has enjoyed "Most Favored Nation" status with the US since 1854, I don't think there's much chance of any overly regressive importation laws being enacted under any trade scenario I can imagine. This is compounded by the current strong US dollar which is experiencing a historic 6-year high compared to the Japanese Yen, so this benefits the US as this helps to keep Japanese consumer goods prices lower to purchase and essentially functions as a hedge for our current inflation rate.

Bottom line, this is a great time to buy JDM fishing tackle! As for those folks who are unaware of the cost benefits of buying JDM fishing tackle, that just leaves more JDM gear for me to buy! \:D/

Please have a great day!
Good explanation.

And yes, the current exchange rate for the U.S. dollar vis-a-vi the Yen is crazy good for us right now.

Throw in that EMS is delivering again along w/the Fedex options and my wallet is bit lighter over the last few weeks. :lol: :D

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Thu May 05, 2022 6:16 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:36 am
City17Banner wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:59 am

Please have a great day!
Good explanation.

And yes, the current exchange rate for the U.S. dollar vis-a-vi the Yen is crazy good for us right now.

Throw in that EMS is delivering again along w/the Fedex options and my wallet is bit lighter over the last few weeks. :lol: :D
Thank you for the kind words sir!

Yes, the current exchange rate has been tough for my wallet as well! So many JDM rods and lures to try out and so little time to fish them all even after taking early retirement! :lol: :big grin:

zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by zelmo » Tue May 10, 2022 6:26 am

I was looking at a reel and there were these two shipping options:

FedEx Int'l Priority USA

and

FedEx Int'l Priority USA "Residential"

Anybody know the difference?

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am

zelmo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:26 am

FedEx Int'l Priority USA

and

I haven't seen any distinction in FedEx's International Priority shipping options as you are describing, and I currently have four shipments inbound from JDM online retailers as of this moment in time.

Out of curiosity, if I may ask, which JDM online retailer is providing these "subtle" FedEx Internation Priority shipping options as almost all of the reputable JDM retailers are migrating back to EMS Post as jmb27 noted in an earlier post on this thread.

I'm too impatient to wait for EMS so I choose to "upgrade" to FedEx International Priority shipping instead. :lol:

Please have a great day!

zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by zelmo » Wed May 11, 2022 6:27 am

City17Banner wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am
[quote=zelmo post_id=708457 time=<a href="tel:1652189189">1652189189</a> user_id=7663]

FedEx Int'l Priority USA

and

I haven't seen any distinction in FedEx's International Priority shipping options as you are describing, and I currently have four shipments inbound from JDM online retailers as of this moment in time.

Out of curiosity, if I may ask, which JDM online retailer is providing these "subtle" FedEx Internation Priority shipping options as almost all of the reputable JDM retailers are migrating back to EMS Post as jmb27 noted in an earlier post on this thread.

I'm too impatient to wait for EMS so I choose to "upgrade" to FedEx International Priority shipping instead. :lol:

Please have a great day!
[/quote]

It was JDM Tackle Heaven.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Wed May 11, 2022 1:55 pm

zelmo wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:27 am
City17Banner wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am
[quote=zelmo post_id=708457 time=<a href="tel:1652189189">1652189189</a> user_id=7663]

FedEx Int'l Priority USA

and

Please have a great day!

It was JDM Tackle Heaven.
[/quote]

Thank you!

I have only ordered rods from Kazumi and the good folks at JDM Tackle Heaven during the COVID-19 switch to using FedEx International Priority shipping, so I'm curious about these shipping options. I have a SNIPE request in on another JDM rod, so I'll inquire about these FedEx shipping options for reels (and presumably other non-rod tackle items) when they respond to my SNIPE request later tonight and update this thread with what I find out.

Please have a great day!

zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by zelmo » Thu May 12, 2022 5:11 am

I contacted JDM TH and this was their response:

FedEx used to charge a residential fee for a personal residence but has now eliminated it temporarily.
If you see both on our website, this is due to a system error.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Thu May 12, 2022 6:31 am

zelmo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:11 am

FedEx used to charge a residential fee for a personal residence but has now eliminated it temporarily.
Thank you for the follow up!

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:29 pm

I wish EMS would deliver to Australia again. When I do parts orders through PLAT its still DHL which is twice the price of EMS

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:15 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:29 pm
I wish EMS would deliver to Australia again. When I do parts orders through PLAT its still DHL which is twice the price of EMS
I would think that it will be an option soon--as EMS is delivering to the U.S. (or at least the USPS for last mile delivery) and this has occurred over the last month or two.

DHL is fast, but pricey.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:07 am

zelmo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:11 am

I think FedEx relaxed their rules for residential delivery & thus the price was reduced. They no longer require a signature for proof of delivery.