JDM Reel Inventory

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

JDM Reel Inventory

Post by Dan B » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:44 am

Is it me, or does it seem like they have just said screw pushing out reels with the prices being so low right now?
For a while even with the prices low there was a lot of stock still. Now it seems like Shimano is slim stock and high-end Daiwas are no where to be found. If you do find stuff, left handed is basically non-existant.
I'm almost wondering if they slowed production for the time being until the exchange rate recovers.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: JDM Reel Inventory

Post by Schlag » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:25 am

The magnesium, brass and aluminum shortage (components), wiped out the high-end reel inventory. It's affecting several markets.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:39 pm

I figured with the dollar strength to the weak yen being at a 24 year low that demand was contributing to the lack of inventory.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:51 am

I'll fill in my #2 pencil for circle choice "D"...ALL OF THE ABOVE.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:06 am

Daiwa seems to be pushing Gekkabijin AIR TW nland Silver Creek AIR TW out quite a bit, at least on Digitaka. Shimano Aldebaran BFS as far less frequent restocks.

Many factors
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing