Ktf steez/alphas Air 28mm

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Ktf steez/alphas Air 28mm

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:40 pm

Anyone have experience with the Silver Creek air TW or GekkaBijin AIR TW and the 28mm ktf finesse spool?

Just curious how it compares to the stock spool in either of the reels above.

Thanks

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Ktf steez/alphas Air 28mm

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:30 am

I don't have experience with 28 mm KTF spool, but I do have 30 mm KTF spool. That spool is amazing good, long casting spool, but it is ridiculous expensive. For 28 mm I would purchase (KTF made) normally priced standard Alphas Air spool instead of KTF spool.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:23 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:30 am
I don't have experience with 28 mm KTF spool, but I do have 30 mm KTF spool. That spool is amazing good, long casting spool, but it is ridiculous expensive. For 28 mm I would purchase (KTF made) normally priced standard Alphas Air spool instead of KTF spool.
Yeah most of the ktf stuff is expensive unless you actually find it in stock from them. I have a few 34mm neo spools and 33mm neo spools but I haven't tried any of the finesse spools. I did have an alphas Air for a short time and wasn't blown away by the stock spool but it was nice. I picked up a Silver Creek air TW and GekkaBijin AIR TW so maybe I'll just have to buy a 28mm ktf spool and try it out. They seem to be much more expensive than most other sizes of ktf spools From what ive seen.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:06 am

My KTF spool cost almost same price than reel itself (ct Alphas). I decided that KTF's are way too high priced for me :)

Air brake spools casts a little longer than fixed inductor brakes. Or if you are excellent in thumb braking, then it might be different story. Roro's has nice spools for lightest lures.

I have GekkeBijin Air and Roro+Chamelleon spool to it. Chamelleon I don't like. I'm thinking should I purchase another Roro spool or Alphas Air spool to it.
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:23 am
I picked up a Silver Creek air TW and GekkaBijin AIR TW so maybe I'll just have to buy a 28mm ktf spool and try it out.
If price of KTF spool is OK to you, I guess it will be super good spool for you. If I would have Silver Creek air TW (and not having GekkaBijin air) I would probably purchase Alphas Air spool to it.