Increased costs for long tubes from Japan

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Increased costs for long tubes from Japan

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:15 am

I just read that one of the more popular Japanese online sellers is pretty significantly increasing (3.5 x) their shipping charges for rods that require tubes 122cm in January. They are basically reacting to an increase in Fedex pricing and higher fuel costs. Hint if you want to read about it—they are not called tackle hell. It makes perfect sense given the times and I suppose this might affect other sellers. Anyway, thought I’d pass this along just in case someone has their finger on the trigger or is on the fence. If this kind of shipping cost becomes the norm, I’ll be rethinking my process.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Increased costs for long tubes from Japan

Post by Cracker » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:25 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:15 am
They are basically reacting to an increase in Fedex pricing and higher fuel costs.
Price of oil and fuel cost actually recently went down. I pay locally for gas $2.6 per gallon.
I guess oil prices went down from $110 to $76. Fedex suppose to decrease prices.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm

I’m waiting on 1 more JDM Steez rod. Fingers crossed it’ll be available before the end of the year.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:48 pm

Just looked into this. They still haven't raised their shipping prices despite saying it would be done on the 22nd, they mentioned a delay on their end. The retailer in question also has a clearance sale going on due to them moving locations in 2023. Grabbed a rod I definitely did not need haha. Looks like it won't ship out until after the new year. Checked out another retailer that I use and no mention of a shipping increase, they do ship rods for free though. They seemed to have jacked their prices up considerably and then added a discount code to make the final price about even with the previous listed price :roll: