Golden Mean Japan

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Golden Mean Japan

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:48 pm

Does anyone own any rods from this company, offshore, trout, bass, etc? They appear to be a parent company to Evergreen. I'm looking at there Pack-Man 4 piece travel rods. No idea how the quality or craftsmanship is, but it all seems to be budget oriented. Just curious if anyone is using any of their gear.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Golden Mean Japan

Post by Slazmo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:11 pm

The Golden Mean - Green Arrow was imported into Australia and was sold at a very cheap price point way back when, compared to the major manufacturers that put out pretty trashy rods at a similar price point.

Built very decently and even came with a full Fuji seat and Titanium Sic guides, I was lucky enough to get one super cheap and I'm pretty happy with it all-round. If that's any sign of the company and it's craft, if they were available on the shelf here they would be a choice of make.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Golden Mean Japan

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:16 am

Slazmo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:11 pm
The Golden Mean - Green Arrow was imported into Australia and was sold at a very cheap price point way back when, compared to the major manufacturers that put out pretty trashy rods at a similar price point.

Built very decently and even came with a full Fuji seat and Titanium Sic guides, I was lucky enough to get one super cheap and I'm pretty happy with it all-round. If that's any sign of the company and it's craft, if they were available on the shelf here they would be a choice of make.
Nice. Thank you