DHL question/advice

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: DHL question/advice

Post by Smalleyez » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:32 pm

Smalleyez wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:31 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:58 am
Smalleyez wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:47 am
City17Banner wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:37 am
Smalleyez wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:27 am

Thanks!

I trashed the little plastic bag that was affixed to the tube, so I ended up trimming all three documents and taped them to the tube. Hoping it is OK. I’ve never gotten in trouble for supplying too much documentation in other situations .
No worries sir, they'll know what they need to scan! :lol:

The key is to have the sheet with the address blocks and the three barcodes affixed somehow to the rod shipping tube.
Thank you, City17Banner. You’ve been very helpful, You too Johnny and evilccatfish.
You are most welcome sir! If the worst-case scenario had happened, I would have offered to meet you half-way and helped to drop off the rod shipping tube at the Minneapolis, MN., DHL International Service Point since I live an hour north of the Twin Cities and my lake cabin in located near Solon Springs, WI so I wander aimlessly around that part of the world all the time now that I am gainfully retired and bored out of my mind. :big grin:
Well that sure is a kind gesture. I’m down in rural Trempealeau,WI and haven’t been retired very long myself. Yes, it can be boring and spring can’t come soon enough!
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: DHL question/advice

Post by Johnny A » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:11 pm

Smalleyez wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:47 am
City17Banner wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:37 am
Smalleyez wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:27 am
City17Banner wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:22 am
Smalleyez wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:26 am
Just a quick follow up question. JDM Tackle Heaven sent two attachments and they held three sheets. One is the “Commercial Invoice “ with both our addresses, and another says “Waybill Doc“ at the top and it has one barcode, and the third sheet has both our addresses and 3 barcodes. Which of these must be attached to the shipping tube?
Again, if my memory serves me correctly, it's the third sheet with both addresses and 3 different barcodes with one of the barcodes labeled "Waybill". I think when I printed this sheet out the address blocks and barcodes only printed on half the sheet, so I simply folded the sheet in half and insured that the address blocks and barcodes were visible and stuck it back into the plastic "bag" that the original document with address blocks and barcodes came in that was taped on the outside of the rod shipping tube and re-taped it with clear packing tape and everything worked fine for the rod return.

Thanks!

I trashed the little plastic bag that was affixed to the tube, so I ended up trimming all three documents and taped them to the tube. Hoping it is OK. I’ve never gotten in trouble for supplying too much documentation in other situations .
No worries sir, they'll know what they need to scan! :lol:

The key is to have the sheet with the address blocks and the three barcodes affixed somehow to the rod shipping tube.
Thank you, City17Banner. You’ve been very helpful, You too Johnny and evilccatfish.
Excellent!