Anyone have any experience with the ABU Salty Stage Concept Free?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
raindance
Angler
Angler

Anyone have any experience with the ABU Salty Stage Concept Free?

Post by raindance » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:27 pm

Thinking of getting this reel, I need a baitcaster for the bay. Seems pretty decent, and from my understanding it comes with an extra spool. Anyone have any experience with it?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anyone have any experience with the ABU Salty Stage Concept Free?

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:09 am

I have one purchased from a big international vendor with a JP homepage... Was pretty cheap incl. shipping.
Yes, it comes with an extra spool. At least when bought in Japan.
I think it is a good reel for the price. It looks good on its own but may be difficult to match with a rod (on color). Solid construction and good performance especially with 10-30 gram lures. Not great with very light lures (3-5 gram) so I do not use it very often as I have many other reels.

raindance
Angler
Angler

Re: Anyone have any experience with the ABU Salty Stage Concept Free?

Post by raindance » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:14 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:09 am
I have one purchased from a big international vendor with a JP homepage... Was pretty cheap incl. shipping.
Yes, it comes with an extra spool. At least when bought in Japan.
I think it is a good reel for the price. It looks good on its own but may be difficult to match with a rod (on color). Solid construction and good performance especially with 10-30 gram lures. Not great with very light lures (3-5 gram) so I do not use it very often as I have many other reels.
That's good to hear. I will use it with 15g lures mostly at the Bays and Estuarys. I was wondering if it had good construction because the price was quite low for the amount of stuff you get.