Designo Wraith

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Designo Wraith

Post by Chode » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:41 pm

I'm surprised that this rod hasn't been talked about. Anybody pull the trigger yet? Interested in the foxy if anybody has on the water experience. Thanks

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Designo Wraith

Post by PKN8 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:54 am

Chode wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:41 pm
I'm surprised that this rod hasn't been talked about. Anybody pull the trigger yet? Interested in the foxy if anybody has on the water experience. Thanks
I have both casting models from the Designo Wraith series. The blanks that these rods have are DG6+ which are between DG6 and DG7. Both of my models are EVA and they are very comfortable. Paired my Illest with an Antares A and my Foxy with a Morethan. Both reels have DRT Varial handles on them making them heavier than usual yet the rods still balanced out.

I haven't fished my Illest much. Only taken it out to a pond to test it out.

I have fished the Foxy model a lot more. I took it on several trips aiming for big Wiper and Walleye. I mainly threw 6" Magdrafts, VTS7, Megabass Kanata, and the Evergreen Shower Blows Big Mama. It handled them all very well. The rod had no issues keeping treble hooks pinned and was still able to drive a hook set home with a texas rigged VTS7. The rod is labeled as 4S but it has that "JDM style dual taper" where it's fast at first but bends deeper as the fish fights back. The stinger tip has a smooth transition into the backbone of the rod so it doesn't just feel like you went from a XFast tip to a broomstick backbone. There was zero issue or worry when a giant wiper was peeling drag with treble hooks in its face. Sensitivity wise, I didn't do any bottom contact with it yet so I can't speak on that. I was able to feel bites on my Kanata when I had slack line when I was pausing on the jerk though.
Always learning...