Ultra Finesse Light Spinning

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Ultra Finesse Light Spinning

Post by Firstoutfisher » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:06 pm

I am currently on the search for a light spinning rod that accels at ultra finesse presentations, 1/16oz-3/16oz weight range on 4-6LB mono or fluoro,light neko rigs, hoverstrolling, light nose rig dropshot, split shot, slip shot etc. I will post my current list of potential rods. I am open to suggestions or any information any one can give me about the rods I am looking at. No solid tip rods by the way, I haven't liked any of the solid tips rods I've used. Currently throwing these presentations on a solid tip kage UL.

DESTROYER P5 (JDM) F2-66XS WHIPPET(the most affordable of the bunch)

Nories NXS STN620LS(Made in japan, TI sic guides, only concern is maybe too powerful?)

Evergreen Serpenti TKSS-63L-ZZ(If money was no object I would have already bought this, seems made for what I want)

Steez Real Control RC S61L(looks great, no information online right now, the last steez I had I didn't like though, also as much as the delgasu and poison ultima)

Also have eye on the OROCHI x10 hibakari and yamakagashi however their ratings and descriptions are confusing

Some unreleased rods such as the tulala bass amp ultralight, and the new evergreen orion 65L, and possibly some from the poison series also have my eye.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Ultra Finesse Light Spinning

Post by Winstondry » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:26 pm

I really enjoy my 1st generation Edge BWS 610-1 HMX for my UL techniques.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:25 am

I have the p5 Whippet with a 23 Airity 2500 as my hover setup. Always rigged in the boat, it's a great dedicated combo for the yen. Cosmetics are a perfect match if that means anything to you along with great balance.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:37 am

F2.5-622tis Spin Elseil II: 6'11" Light, fast taper, 4-12lb, 1/16-3/8oz

I use this one as a light spinning rod. I like the extra length of the rod. I use 6 lb. flouro with it (Vanquish 2500 reel). The sensitivity is outstanding and the taper goes from fast to regular, which I think helps in landing fish with a light rod and line.

The Whippet sounds like an excellent choice as well. Let us know what you end up doing.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:35 pm

I'm a big fan of the Megabass P5 Whippet. Mine is paired with a US Exist 2500XH and I throw everything from 1/16 oz crappie jig heads with a small plastic to a 1/4 oz Dark Sleeper, and enjoy the rod for throwing a Vision 110 or a 110 JR. It's really a spectacular rod that excels with light single hook applications, but for my uses, those treble baits on the Whippet make me smile.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:35 am

Just ordered a p5 F1st-66XS Kirisame to add to the mix. I wanted to try a solid tip rod as an option for different hovering and strolling techniques. We shall see in a few weeks if I made the right call.