Designo Leben Torque Tune dlt-610mhrst 4s

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Designo Leben Torque Tune dlt-610mhrst 4s

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:51 pm

Wow, that's a mouth full. Does anyone own or previously owned this particular rod? I just took possession of one, but haven't had the opportunity to fish it yet.
Very interesting taper. Solid tip stick. Tip section feels nimble, and it loads up for quite some length before it shuts off completely. I was hoping to use it primarily for bottom contact. Just curious what you are using it for, and what you feel it excels at.

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Designo Leben Torque Tune dlt-610mhrst 4s

Post by lund40 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:28 pm

i use to watch a japan you tube channel where the hosts would showcase japan rod makers they was showing a designo rod it could have been a leben anyway one of the host held the rod at the handle the other person pull the tip down the blank was bent all the way to the handle i thought that was fascinating

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:39 pm

lund40 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:28 pm
i use to watch a japan you tube channel where the hosts would showcase japan rod makers they was showing a designo rod it could have been a leben anyway one of the host held the rod at the handle the other person pull the tip down the blank was bent all the way to the handle i thought that was fascinating
Crazy. I've seen those stress/load tests, but it eventually ends with the blank snapping at some point. Don't think that will be on the list of things I want to try it lol.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:17 am

I don’t have this rod. I would get this rod if the opportunity presented itself. It sounds like an ultimate treble bait rod-squarebills, jerkbaits and such.

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:29 pm

Here is a video on YouTube of a Japanese guy using. No subs but you get a small glimpes of the action. Hopefully it helps ya!

https://youtu.be/tR0F5pjckLs
Always learning...

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:51 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:17 am
I don’t have this rod. I would get this rod if the opportunity presented itself. It sounds like an ultimate treble bait rod-squarebills, jerkbaits and such.
Not really designed for trebles, even though it has a deeper bend. The 4s represents the speed of the tip section. 2s is better served for moving baits. Not saying it wouldn't work because it definitely will. This is now my 3rd solid tip, and I'm starting to really dig them. Just need to fish it I suppose. I can let you know if it's not what I'm after if you'd like.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:28 pm

PKN8 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:29 pm
Here is a video on YouTube of a Japanese guy using. No subs but you get a small glimpes of the action. Hopefully it helps ya!

https://youtu.be/tR0F5pjckLs
Thanks for the vid! Didn't get to see it under load much, but it certainly appears versatile. Just holding and bending it, I wouldn't have thought it could handle the full 2oz rating.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:02 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:51 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Not really designed for trebles, even though it has a deeper bend. The 4s represents the speed of the tip section. 2s is better served for moving baits. Not saying it wouldn't work because it definitely will. This is now my 3rd solid tip, and I'm starting to really dig them. Just need to fish it I suppose. I can let you know if it's not what I'm after if you'd like.
I see. I’d love to find a Designo rod labeling specifications for dummies translator somewhere.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:02 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
I see. I’d love to find a Designo rod labeling specifications for dummies translator somewhere.
+1. I am intrigued by a few of their models to try out, but I haven't found much information on the differences with their respective lines (i.e. Slang, Torque Tune, etc.). The tip section info would be good to know as well.

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:36 am

jmb27 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:02 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
+1. I am intrigued by a few of their models to try out, but I haven't found much information on the differences with their respective lines (i.e. Slang, Torque Tune, etc.). The tip section info would be good to know as well.
Slang models are built for big baits/heavier application. This line just got "rebooted" this year with several new models. I'm not too sure about the difference between Leben and Leben Torque Tune. Some of the Leben (non Torque Tune) models have "racing" on them, not sure what that means either. There is also the newer Wraith series but it only has 3 models in the line up. I believe the Wraith series is supposed to be "inbetween" the Leben and Slang series. Right between conventional and heavy application.

The speed/s system goes from fastest (4) to slowest (0). But since some models have solid tips and others don't it does seem to vary from model to model. You can definitely tell the difference between a 2s and a 4s but it isn't really like night and day. The 2s is slower but only by a margin. I did a bend test between the Wraith illest 4s and Leben 71H+2s and there was a difference in bend and taper, just not large enough that you would call one much fast or slower than the other. While the 2s is meant more for moving baits I have full confidence in it for bottom contact.

Over in Japan, the 611M/HRST1S Model (I think it's nickname is Emsla or Emsra) is known for being a highly versatile moving bait rod yet when I found some videos of it online people were throwing small finesse jigs on it. It might just be the differing style of bottom fishing over there versus the US but it does show the wide range of use these rods have despite the difference in "speed" or taper.
Always learning...