New Evergreen Kaleido Super Stallion GT3RS

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

New Evergreen Kaleido Super Stallion GT3RS

Post by City17Banner » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:00 am

Hello Everyone,

Please be aware that the new EG Kaleido Inspirare Super Stallion GT3RS is scheduled to be released at the end of this month (March) and I put in a pre-order request via the usual suspect on Monday and received a note this morning that the rod was scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. Can't wait to see how the new rod works out for deep water bottom contact fishing with large soft swimbaits this summer for trophy smallmouth bass on Chequamegon Bay!

EG Japan GT3RS Information: https://www.evergreen-fishing.com/goods ... Tg40x.html

Additional Information about the development of the new GT3RS and comparison with the GT2RS rod model: https://tomozoufreedom.com/post-13191/
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Evergreen Kaleido Super Stallion GT3RS

Post by KP Duty » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:51 am

Just a new model or is there new tech? I'm not an 'Evergreen man', but I'm sure I'll eventually get one. I just want them to be sexier at that price, lol.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:25 am

Just a new model or is there new tech? I'm not an 'Evergreen man', but I'm sure I'll eventually get one. I just want them to be sexier at that price, lol.

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:07 am

I was really looking forward to a true M40X blank version at that price point since it’s been teased for YEARS but the fact that it’s the same previous T1100G blank with the butt reinforcement only upgraded to M40X and the guide train changed (went from 9 Ti to 8 guides with 1/2 of them now SS instead of Ti) has me scratching my head. I’m sure it will be a great performing rod and sell like wildfire though.

It’s being marketed as a casting feel and accuracy upgrade over the GT2RS and the weight is 130g instead of 132g due to the slight change in guide train. One of the rare times reading the EG Pro Staff pre-release hype that had my interest in the new model trending in the opposite direction.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:01 am

Cranky wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:07 am
I was really looking forward to a true M40X blank version at that price point since it’s been teased for YEARS but the fact that it’s the same previous T1100G blank with the butt reinforcement only upgraded to M40X and the guide train changed (went from 9 Ti to 8 guides with 1/2 of them now SS instead of Ti) has me scratching my head. I’m sure it will be a great performing rod and sell like wildfire though.

It’s being marketed as a casting feel and accuracy upgrade over the GT2RS and the weight is 130g instead of 132g due to the slight change in guide train. One of the rare times reading the EG Pro Staff pre-release hype that had my interest in the new model trending in the opposite direction.
It is a perplexing change until you read the section in Tomozo's blog article about the "emergency meeting" with EG where they learned that (Fuji) was discontinuing the LN Titanium rod guides, likely (mere supposition on my part) due to global supply chain issues stemming from the pandemic. I see the "re-constituted" GT3RS as a response to the realities of the current disruptions to the supply chain, for example, I still have a back order for on a Shimano 22 Poison Ultima 172H from the fall of 2022 that remains unfulfilled due to Shimano marshalling the Fuji Titanium rod guides for the blatant money grab in the US market, instead of the aspirational rod it could have been.

Unfortunately, when reality intrudes into the JDM fishing tackle abyss, there are sometimes casualties and laments of "what might have been" instead of seminal triumphs such as the EG Rapid Gunner RSR, Daiwa Steez RD Shallow Cover Finesse, or the Sedition White Falcon.

Having said all that, I am still anxious to compare the new GT3RS to all of the previous generations of EG Super Stallions simply because I need to know how it performs in my endless quest of fishing (and hopefully catching) trophy smallmouth bass! \:D/

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:25 am

I said the same in another earlier thread too about the EG sourcing of Ti guides. That’s not a +15,000 yen (?!?!) rod problem for me to figure out over the previous generations. Full M40X blank I would have pre-ordered but I’m gonna skip it and wait for the next Rapid Gunner lineage update since I see this as a side-grade to the previous versions (and it’s clear they have other model M40X updates pending).

Again I’m a huge EG fan and I’m sure this will be a wildly popular rod. My suspicion is EG is focusing more on being able to supply for the huge initial demand.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:55 am

I absolutely agree with you sir, unfortunately, there are only so many rods capable of presenting a deep water heavy soft plastic swimbait with the requisite felt sensitivity required to detect light bites during the summertime when big smallmouth bass follow baitfish out onto offshore structure. So, I'll take a gamble on the new GT3RS and see what happens this season. \:D/