Midstrolling

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Midstrolling

Post by Johnny A » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:07 am

reason162 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:17 pm
Mike son wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 pm
A lot of the Raid guys are using solid tips. JohnnyA mentioned taking a look at Raid's youtube videos. I've watched several, good stuff in there.
I think you can do it with any rod - I've mid and bottom strolled with my expride 610ML for years - but the Excite Top and similar setup seems optimal. Raid is nice but I don't think they're in the same R&D league as Shimano/Daiwa, esp not when it comes to such a technique specific setup. The big 2s got actual pros on the team and the whole strolling game has been a thing in Japan for over a decade.
Some of the RAID guys work with Daiwa, SLP, Shimano, Megabass and other companies. I don't think they have the R & D budgets of Shimano or Daiwa but they do put out reasonable product.

Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fran87 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am

Finally I've bought a Poison Glorious 610 UL/M which I was looking for a long time.

However I'd like to buy something from Evergreend brand but I cannot decide it between the next 3 rods;

Evergreen Orion The Garza ST

Evergreen Orion The Willow

Evergreen Orion The FreeWill ST

I don't know if it would be better to have a Solid Tip or not.

Regards

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm

Orion Willow is brand new so you're not going to find any information on it around. I vote for picking it up so you can let us know how it is!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:41 am

Fran87 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am
Finally I've bought a Poison Glorious 610 UL/M which I was looking for a long time.

However I'd like to buy something from Evergreend brand but I cannot decide it between the next 3 rods;

Evergreen Orion The Garza ST

Evergreen Orion The Willow

Evergreen Orion The FreeWill ST

I don't know if it would be better to have a Solid Tip or not.

Regards
One of the U.S. vendors had one of the owners of RAID Japan discussing solid tips vs hollow tips for strolling. RAID has basically gone all solid, all the time. They are very delicate and may breake BUT for strolling, midstrolling and other techniques they are more sensitive. Is that a matter of personal preference dictating company policy? Could be BUT, the RAID Japan rods on my deck work quite well.